Chapter 2

I slightly opened my eyes. My head was throbbing with pain. I raised up A bit and winced. I was in my room on the floor.

"Stacy!" I yelled.

She was sprawled across the ground. Her beautiful face was bruised and her hair was drenched with blood.

He took a knife to her.

"Stacy wake up! Please Stacy! I need you!"

I picked her up and layed her head on my lap.

"Stacy please!"

Tears started bursting out of my eyes.

"No! I need you!"

I heard a knock at the door.

Darcy. Dammit I forgot.

I walked slowly down the steps making sure dad wasn't there. I didn't see him anywhere. I slowly opened the door.

"Hey Dylan! You ready to go?" Darcy smiled and then had a worried expression.

"Dylan, why is your face bruised?" She practically yelled.

"Darcy it's not a good time. Sorry." I said as calm as possible, but my voice was shakey.

"Dylan, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Darcy, please I'll explain later. Go. For me," tears started spilling out of my eyes.

Darcy pulled me into a hug and I cried on her shoulder.

"Dylan? What happened?" She asked and we walked over to the couch.

"Darcy, come with me,"

I ran up the stairs and kneeled by Stacy.

"Oh my God. I'm calling the ambulance!"

I didn't stop her. Stacy was dying. She needed something.

"They'll be here in 2 minutes! How did this happen?" Her voice was shakey.

"My dad. He, he-" I couldn't finish it.

"Dylan you have to tell me. I have to tell them what happened."

"He, he choked her. Then he punched me and I went out. I woke up and she was bruised and bloody,"

Her eyes were wide. I could tell she was scared.

"Dylan, I'm so sorry." A tear streamed down her face.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

Please be the ambulance.

"Ma'am we need to take her. Excuse me."

"Yes sir."

I ran over to Darcy and screamed.

"No!"

I started yelling profanities towards my dad.

"Dylan, Shh it's okay. She is going to he okay," Darcy eased.

"C'mon we will go to the hospital."

I was shaking the whole way there.

'What if she dies?' Is all I could think.

****

When we got to hospital, we followed the ambulance as far into the hallways as we could until the door said "No trespassing."

"Darcy, what, what if she dies?" I said shakily.

"Dylan, if she does I will be here always. No matter what! I know we just met, but I know how scared you are. I've been here too."

"What do you mean, Darcy?"

"My brother died 3 years ago. My dad was very abusive. They always fought, and then one night things got out of hand. Shaun dropped a glass by accident. My dad screamed at him. Telling him he was worthless. And Shaun pushed him away. My dad went back at him and punched him, but Shaun didn't go down. He punched him back. My dad grabbed a knife and swung. Shaun started running down the hall to his room, but dad caught him. They were in his room. After that he came out and killed my mother. I was in my room. Watching from the door I saw my own dad kill my whole family, including hisself."

By the end Darcy was in tears. I wrapped my arms around her and we both cried.

"Miss Benton, you're sister is alive. She is in emergency surgery at the moment." The doctor spoke.