Chapter 3

I sat in the hospital waiting room for hours. I felt surges of pain go through my eye, but I just ignored it. All I thought about was Stacy. How she sacrificed her life for me because I know that easily could have been me instead of her. I thought about Carter, Sam, Kendrie, Shauna, and Rachel. How they seemed mad. But I don't care now. I have to worry about Stacy and where my dad is.

"Miss Benton," a female voice said softly,"would you like to come back?"

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

"Y-Yes," I got up and walked with the lady, Darcy following us close behind.

My hands were sweaty. I was dreading seeing Stacy like this.

"Here is her room. Only two at a time please," the doctor smiled.

"Dylan, I'll let you go in by yourself. Take your time," Darcy said softly. She looked as if she was going to break down in tears.

I didn't say thank you or anything. I just hugged her. We had just met and she was already doing this for me. We both started crying. But I wiped my tears and walked in the room.

Her body lied on the bed. Still and peaceful. Only with bruises and cuts.

I walked up to her bed and kissed her forehead. I grabbed her hand and knelt down by the bed. I sobbed softly.

"Dylan?" I heard a soft, scratchy voice say.

I looked up and Stacy half smiled.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Don't mind me. I'm fine,"

I just stared at her. Her beautiful soft face was now covered with bruises and cuts.

"Thank you, Stacy. I don't know what I would do without you. You saved my life!"

"You're welcome. But I couldn't stand to see you get hurt more,"

Tears started welling out of my eyes. She is the only one who knows about what happened to me about a year ago.

Not even my closest friends know.

"Please, don't cry. I don't like to see you crying,"

"I'm sorry. This is just a lot to take in right now,"

"I know, but it will get better. You can get through it," she smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Oh, if you don't mind, can one of my friends come in? She's outside the room,"

"Yeah, that's fine,"

I opened the door for Darcy to come in.

"Hey, I'm Darcy," she said politely.

"Hi," Stacy smiled.

"Hello guys! If you don't mind I need to feed Stacy real quick!" a doctor came in.

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll see you later Stacy! I love you!"

"Bye Dylan. I love you. Be careful,"

Be careful lingered in my head.

"I'll take y-" Darcy started, but a cop interrupted.

"Dylan, can I speak with you?"

My heart started pounding.

"Uhm, sure," I answered.

"Follow me," he answered sternly.

I followed him down the hallway and we went into a room no one was using. He locked the door behind him.