What They Don't Know

Alden sat behind Maine at the studio, waiting for her as she was being made-up for their photoshoot. He was browsing through his twitter mentions when he clicked through a retweet of one of the accounts that looked familiar, and his heart broke.

"Bagang always wants all the attention. I thought they were supposed to be a loveteam."

"Everytime A has an event, she always steals the limelight."

"May secret boyfriend yang si Bagang, pinapaasa niya lang si Alden."

He became even more disappointed when he recognized that the account who tweeted was one of his fans. I thought I told them already.

Alden took a deep breath and pressed his hand against his temple, deep in thought. As much as he didn't want to be affected by negativity, the fact that the snide remarks came from his so-called supporters bothered him. He was trying to comprehend how people can claim to be his fans yet fail to give an ounce of respect to the one person he loves. What is so hard about that? If you only know how paranoid I was watching her roaming the streets from afar, even for just an "experiment". If you only know the things she does to keep me sane. You don't know half of who she is. Ang ganda-ganda nung tao inside and out.

"Menggay, pahiram phone." he called out. Maine's make-up artist, Juan Sarte, was doing her eyes, so without looking over her shoulder, she handed him her phone without any hesitation, as if it is their common property. He opened Maine's Twitter account. One day, you will all see who she is to me, he thought.

Maine heard the barrage of notification sounds from her phone. "Huy, loko-loko ka, nag-post ka na naman," she said, looking at him from the mirror.

Alden flashed a wide smile. "Proud lang."

"