F O R E W O R D

A B O U T

The plot and idea of this story is completely inspired by @thebreakfastclub.

Thank you!

————————————

P R O L O G U E

May has been through hell and back.

Her life has been a twisted rollercoaster, filled with nothing but the constant, chest-crushing drops that have pushed her to her absolute limits.

As anticipated by many, Earth's global condition only worsened over the years - devastating natural disasters wiped out at least thirty percent of the living population, rising sea levels unforgivingly drowned regions and disease infected many of the remaining.

Food became scarce, unless you were one of the privileged. Resources that would've been plentiful fifty years ago were no longer available. The economy had plummeted with not even a word of a solution.

Then the Governing Men requested firmly that anyone with intentional, inked markings on their bodies were to show up at any of the five treatment stations built around the city of Melbourne, Australia to get seen for possible infection associated with the ink.

That day, parents, siblings and friends died. A good chunk out of our already suffering population were very rarely seen again once they passed through those doors

and one boy covered in ink knew exactly what was happening.

————————————

W A R N I N G

Swearing

Character deaths

Violence

Dark themes

————————————