the crazy old man warning he's seeing things

Joe woke up, and scratched is he put his feet on the Cold Stone floor. It sent chills back up his spine and making him wish to stay in the warmth of bed. But he knew that nothing would happen if you did that.

Leaping out of bed and plunging into the darkness that was his home. He landed on his two feet nearly slipping. On the grimy moist floors.
Then a Cold drift flow through the  metal bars. Pouring in to his old tattered clothes.

So it was a little drafty, and damp. Yeah there was water dripping in the corner part of is room, and who knows where or whom it came from. This place was perfect no need for food or....
(He couldn't think of any thing else)
.... it was Perfect! How could any one hate being there, yeah the room is always cold, never saw anybody else besides Benny, it was always dark never any light, could never the metal bars, and he was completely forgetting who he was.but what is wrong. With that.

Joe walked up to the thick metal bars the never budged, that never moved. He ferociously grabbed the bar doors I'm shook uncontrollably, screaming top of his lungs, "let me out of here." The words seem to Echo down long corridors if he could not see however hanging right in front of his cell room for the keys to that room. Glaring at the keys hanging on the floor side of the hallway.

Now getting low and stretching his arm with all his might against the those gosh darn metal bars. To reach his shoelaces. That, who knows how, got to the opposite side off the hall right under those keys, Jumbled up in a wad. If only he could get them, if he had them he can keep his shoes on his feet, but because they were not we're not where they needed to be he couldn't keep his shoes on his feet for nothing they always kept running off and hiding. Sometimes they're on the wall other times they're hiding under the bed, or in it with him, and so  every time find them and go back to sleep they were gone.

So we can get one last time for him he gave up. To go over to the lovely meal sitting next to his left foot. He crouched down and eyed, his feast. They're resting before him was the favorite meal he got to eat everyday. It comprised of the long veinlike noodle soup that was somehow purple and tasteless, and sitting next to it was the lump of bread that might be as hard as a rock but it was always good to gum.

Now Joe was standing over the meal disgusted look on his old bearded face. He did not even want to touch the stuff, but he had to keep up his strength somehow. So shoveling the slop into his face and cracking the bread over a hard rock then putting it into his mouth to soak and dissolve. His hair was long and white some of it even missing from the top. But his age did not get to him he wouldn't let it.

All done, he stretched his arms out and then his legs. And he skipped over to his bed grabbing the sheets off the bed and the completely flat pillow. He raped them around himself or like he was a genie. Today was the day he was going to visit Benny is good old friend. So stupid over a handful of rocks but he kept in the corner of his room. He turned them into carrots Big & Juicy. He checked his handiwork they still feel rough, grimy, and hard like rocks hopefully Benny wooden figure that out. Then he leaped upon his bed, it shuttered and shook as it began to take off the bed frame and why grassy Plains turning left turning right the sun shining high in the sky with the perfect amount of clouds as that always was. You saw the little cottage house that held is dear friend Benny. Flying through and Imagining the the warm summer air blowing against his face.

As he arrived Benny stepped out of the cottage. Benny bowed to the bed riding Genie and proclaimed," how are you today sir Joe." In his usual more then brilliant tone.

" No need for formalities we are old friends." Joe said in his redneck way. The white 6-foot bunny that was Benny lifted his head. He wore a black suit with a white shirt and red tie.

"Then how do you want me to greet you." He replied with a smile.-Benny

"However you wish, but now is not the time for such a conversation have you prepare what I asked for." Joe asked greedily rubbing his hands together.

"Only if you brought what you promised." As he bounced one of his fingers.

"Why yes, of course I would deliver, why would I not." As in Joe reached behind him I pulled out the stones... Carrots. And handed them to Benny. The 6-foot bunny then sniffed each carrot. Putting them each in a safe paper bag.

"Thank you for the delicious carrots, your steak is on the table." And as he said this is smoothly gesture towards the silver dish lying upon the white clothed table. The old man, which was Joe, jumped in excitement clapping his hands joyfully. Now darling over to the table and standing himself write down in that chair. He stared at the lovely meal which was before him.

"Now wait a minute," joe said. "Something doesn't look right here. This beef is not the right color."

"That's right I thought you would want to try something new I have cooked for you a pork steak." Benny stated with passion in his voice."Give it a try you'll love it I promise you."

"Alright I'll give it a try, but if I don't like it you better make me a steak." Joe said warningly.

"I promise." Sincerely stated by Benny.

Reluctantly Joe slowly picked up a piece of this pork steak put it in his mouth and began to chew. He imagined it tasted amazing. He tried to smile and his friend but all that can be seen from his mouth or his bleeding gums and few teeth."Delicious! Taste very much like Stone... I mean like chicken steak you made last time. But no cutting around the bush. Next time it has to be a steak!"

"And it will be my friend." Benny reassured him.

Suddenly there came a the screaming of metal on steal. Crouching and getting low Joe Step Closer to cell bars. Pressing his face against it he looked out. Nothing not even his own shadow could be seen.

He shook the bar doors hard, and then stopped waiting for a response back. But stillness held in the air killing all noise, but the quiet humming in the ears...

"I see you got new clothes there sir Joe." Benny proclaimed to break the silence.

"What this old thing I swear it used to be a bed sheet." He said to shrug off the compliment." Well it doesn't matter I think will be heading home early."

"Well that's fine, safe trip."Benny called out as Joe leaped back on to the bed as it began to take off, and fly toward prison... I mean home.

"I shall." He said waving back.

Sitting on the bed in the dark room, he stretched and pulled his covers over himself. Until he thought that no cold would seep in. As he then closed his eyes and fell a sleep...
..
..
..