1 - The Start of a New Voyage

Peaceful days are always the best. That's what I know. The blue sky shined on the golden beach. Different birds sang out in harmony while the trees stood firm and tall. Seagulls swiftly flew high over the horizon. Soft breezes flowed by, carrying the scent of freshly cut leaves. Everything glowed as fluffy clouds passed by.

Lately, I began to realize that the beach next to the anonymous, dark forest I always hung out in shone brighter than usual. I guess I was too busy running away from a crew of vicious pirates for, I don't know, six months. It took several doctors a while to treat me; I returned to Foosha Village with a few bruises on my legs. I was bleeding from cuts on my face and arms. I had a mini fracture on my leg which was extremely painful. The several minor scars I earned from that still hurts.

If someone looked at me back then, I would have looked as normal as any other village lady. I had long, wavy forest green hair that I usually let down. Sometimes I would put them up in a ponytail if they were in the way. My face and bone structure were built normally, too. I had evenly toned, light skin. I was pretty skinny. That allowed me to run and jump as I wished. My eyes were bright green and quite cute, but those were just eyes. My height wasn't anything special either; I was about the average height in my village. And mind you, the people at my village aren't too tall but not too short.

~FLASHBACK 2 YEARS AGO~
BROUGHT TO YOU BY A METAL PIPE

I was sitting on my usual smooth rock in the forest near the sunny beach watching the waves come and go. Suddenly, I heard something like a piece of paper landing beside me. Surprised, I glanced to my right. Someone had accidentally dropped his daily newspaper. It flew to the other side of the island to the side of my rock. I knew it was owned a male by the way the newspaper looked like it was held tightly and roughly.

As I took the newspaper, my eyes instantly widened at the context of the headline: "Portgas D. Ace and Whitebeard die in the Marineford War." My heart started beating faster by the second. My hands were shaking rapidly while my eyes started getting blurry. "Ace..." I said to myself. "Ace... Ace... Ace..."

Just then, a soft voice was calling my name. I heard footsteps running towards me, making me turn around in suspicion. As a dark shadowy figure turned into a human being, I realized that the one running toward me was Makino. Makimo was the lady that I was working with at a bar. She had short, dark green hair, and looked pretty similar to me. She always wore a long dress that she uses for working at the bar, and she never took off her trusty apron. I dried my tears and smiled at her.

"Naria," Makimo said. "did you see a newspaper somewhere?"

"Uh, yes. Here it is."

"Thank you, Naria. Um, about the headline..."

"I know. I'm twenty-one years old. I won't cry."

"O-ok then. Now I have to give this to the bar owner or he will really be mad."

After Makino thanked me and quickly hurried back to the village, my eyes started watering again at the thought of my lost brother. I sadly glanced out on the welcoming beach, which was unaware about the tragedy that had occurred.

~AFTER 1 1/2 YEARS~

I was just about to move on about Ace dying when a large band of pirates came to town. There were about fifteen of them walking around the bar in a half-drunken manner. The most muscular one sat on a stool in front of the bar and leaning on the counter while the rest of the crew was smirking at the customers who were already eating. The innocent villagers tried to ignore the gang, but they created such a dangerous atmosphere it was hard to.

"Hey, big Sis, won't ya drink with us for a while?" the muscular pirate asked.

"I don't drink." I replied in a bored voice. Obviously those pirates were trying to cause trouble.

"Huh?" a tall pirate sputtered out. "Don't talk back to Captain, you shrimp. Why won't ya drink with him?"

I sighed as I placed the cup I was cleaning down on the counter. I started heading out the front door, trying to get away from those annoying pirates. "Sorry, Makino, can you take care of the bar by yourself today? I feel tired." I lied.

"Sure. Be careful, ok?"

A fraction of a second before I closed the door, I heard the captain shout to me. "Hey, come here and become part of our crew! Hey - don't run off like that! Come back!"

I swiftly retreated in the forest, knowing very well that that was not the last time they will be chasing me. It reminded me of the time when pirates used to chase Ace and I around the islands for hours until we beat them up.

~TIMESKIP ANOTHER 6 MONTHS~

My hair was flowing with the soft wind as the waves crash on my feet. Sand seeped under my slippers like a large army of ants. The sun was shining brightly on my face and the ocean. My short, dark blue dress fluttered along the wind. I was about to sit down on the sand and look at the shore when a seagull squawked in excitement. I looked up at the sky and saw a seagull with a messenger bag diving down towards me. It threw a newspaper at me before flying off to other parts of the island.

As I looked at the headline, I felt like history had repeated itself. The headlines said "Monkey D. Luffy has appeared after two years!" However, instead of feeling mournful, I was worried. Luffy was heading into the most dangerous sea in the world, called the New World. More than seventy-five percent of pirates that sail there die, and I knew that Luffy was still lacking skill. What's more, I heard that there was going to be a war between the Yonkos in that sea. After about an hour of contemplating, I finally decided to head out to the seas and become a pirate to help my little brother.

By nightfall, I bought a small, sturdy boat to sail with, enough food to last me for a week, and new clothes to disguise with. I bought all of my important belongings, including ß200,000,000 I earned throughout the years to spend on different things. ß200,000,000 is a lot of money. Makino was kind enough to give me a dark brown cloak to help me disguise myself. Finally, at ten o'clock at night, I was ready.

Even though I looked as ordinary as can be, I had something that made me unique. I ate a special fruit called the Life Fruit, also called a Devil Fruit. Devil Fruits allow people to have different powers, but in return, they cannot swim. The Life Life was the hardest Devil Fruit to find; you had to eat all one hundred pieces that were as small as sand. It gave me an ability that can kill millions of people, so I was sure to disguise myself or else millions of people would try to kill me.

As I lifted the anchor and started drifting away, I glanced back at the shore. It was still glistening from the moonlight. I looked up at the sky and saw countless shining stars. Some were dim while others were extremely bright. The sight gave me a melancholy feeling, but I knew that I had to see my brother again.

A/N
Sorry if it sucks I wrote this entire story in 7th grade for an assignment so... yeah...
I literally think this was my first fanfiction I mean my YT and other OP fanfic were the first PLANNED ones but...

Anyway Imma try to update as much as I can!!!