Chapter 2

"Kara? Kara, can we talk?"

"Go. Get out of here," Kara's voice came through the tent.

"I'm not leaving," Alex said, steeling her courage and pushing her way into the tent, "I want to talk."

"Ok. Talk," Kara said, standing and crossing her arms.

"First of all, I'm sorry. I probably could have handled it better earlier. I just didn't like seeing how upset you were."

Kara opened her mouth to respond, but Alex held up her hand and continued.

"I know," Alex said, "You were just upset because I was backing out on the wedding. I understand that. You had every right to be upset, but your reaction kept me from saying it as gracefully as I planned. It stopped me from executing my plan, and for that I'm sorry. This doesn't mean I love you any less, I still love you more than anything in the world and if I could I would spend every waking minute of my life with you. That's how much I love you, I'm just...I was scared, Kara."

Kara opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out. There were tears pricking at the corner of her eyes.

"Alex," she choked out, "I...I...I love you too, I...I wish this hadn't happened. Do you...Are you still scared? Because truthfully I'm not angry, I'm just hurt that you called it off like that. I was. I still love you, and if you're not...If you're still willing, then I'm certainly willing to forgive you."

"Kara, I think...I think I am, well I think I'm past my panic attack, but I'm still scared. Just the normal amount of scared someone should be before their wedding," Alex replied.

"Do you want to move ahead then, pretend nothing happened?"

"Yeah," Alex said, "I think that's for the best."

"Ok...And I'm sorry for reacting like I did," Kara said, "I hope you weren't scared of me. I would never purposely hurt you."

Alex leaned in, pulling her foster sister/fiancée close and resting her arms on the blonde's shoulders. She leaned in and kissed the other woman softly on the mouth.