Chapter 2

I am lying on my stomach, I try to sit up but I am strapped down and I start to panic. I try to break free by jerking my arms around. But nothing is working. My head is pounding, my heart racing. There are people talking, I only hear bits and pieces of what they say," Did ... hit her....

Then I hear a voice get stronger as they walk closer. "We're going to have to put 5 stitches on the back of her head." I hear metal clanking together. Then I feel a terrible poke on my left.. "OW" A shot on my left shoulder. Then I hear the buzz of a razor, and the coolness of the blade against my neck.

I wake up screaming and grabbing the back of my neck. A pain shoots up my neck. Wait where am I? I know where I am, I am in the hospital . As I look around the room I see my mom, Elouise, and a doctor talking to her will they walk over here.

I don't know what to say to try to get my mom's attention. But then then the doctor is coming to talk to me. My mom comes to my side and strokes my hair and started asking me, are you ok?

"How's your head? The she asked, How did you fall down the stairs?"

I open my mouth to talk to my mom but, my mouth is so dry that I can't talk. The doctor sees that I am struggling to talk and gets me a glass of water. When I take the drink it is cold and probably the best thing that I ever drank.

I say that I was walking from my locker to the front of the school. Then I remember the blue sweatshirt guy but, I don't think I should tell my mom. So I say then I saw Tallia walking out of the school so then I ran after her. Then I fell down the stairs then I am here.

"Will you lucky that you didn't get a concussion."

"Doctor"

"Yes"

"Umm, how bad is my head."

" Well, it could be much worse, but you have a gash on the back of your head."

" My mom asked If I need stitches."

"We need to give you 5 stitches and, did you know that your soul mate anklet was scraped off by an man and stolen. We can't give you a new one but",.. "BUT WHAT?!" i screamed. He replied in the most soothing voice

" Please trust me Alison just let me do my job."

"Ok"

"So , we can replace it but it might not work, or it might give you the wrong date. So would you like a new one?"

"Yes please"

"Ok, I will get a nurse and help you get it on"

Then he left and all that was left was me and my mom . She looked at me and said they will keep you here for 3 days after the surgery today then you can go on with your normal life. I smiled at my mom but she didn't smile back I asked her what was wrong then, she said,

"I thought I would loose you like I lost your father and your brother."

At that point she was crying and, I couldn't think of how to comfort her so, I I sat there listing to her cry for about 5 minutes then, the nurse finally came in. At that time my mom stopped crying and started sniffling.

The nurse then started to put the soul mate tracker on my ankle. It is an anklet that counts down till the day you see your soul mate, but I haven't looked at it for a long time so, I almost forgot about it. Then the nurse says,

"You have all redy seen your soul mate congratulations!"

I was shocked how could that be? Do I know them? Are they cute?

Then the nurse says excuse me,but Alison it's time for your stitches it will take about 15 minuets but we have to put you out so that will knock you out till 1:30 at night. And Eliouse, I need you to fill out a form for the procedure. Then she starts to wheel me down to the room.

The walls are cement and the room is very cold. She asks my to lie down on my stomach so I do, then I hear metal clanging together then a shot on my left shoulder. Then I am out like a blown-out candle.