Two

Pearl's POV
A tear rolled down my face as I pressed the picture of Steven tightly against my chest as if I were trying to hug him, but it didn't feel the same as a hug.

It didn't feel like a hug at all, actually.

Greg walked in the door and sat down on the couch, pulling out one of Steven's shirts from his pocket and holding it up to his chest just like I did with the photo.

"I-I'm going to miss you...oh..Steven, why?" He wailed.

It was honestly painful to look at, the way he held the shirt, the way his voice sounded-so sad and broken-it devastated me.

I sat down on the couch next to him and looked at him blankly before giving him a tight hug. "Hey, Greg, I know it's hard, but please understand that we're here for you," I said as I let go.

I slid my hand down between the couch cushion and grabbed Steven's phone. I let out a small sigh as I dialed Connie's number.

I wasn't sure if she was in the mood to talk or not, but, I just wanted to comfort her, I mean, she was Steven's love interest just as much as he was hers.

After three rings, I heard a click.

I guess Connie didn't really want to talk, but, I honestly didn't blame her one bit, because I would be the same way if I were in her shoes.