Chapter 2

After Lilly ate her pie and Mandy gave me the number of a guy named Andrew, I drove home. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Lilly dozing off in her car seat. "Lilly, can you stay away until we get home so you can sleep in your bed?"

"Yeah mommy. I'll try." Lilly said yawning and looking out the window.

I pulled into the driveway less than 10 minutes later. I turn around and saw Lilly asleep in her car seat. I sighed and quietly got out of the car. I opened Lilly's door and got her out as gently got her out. I carried her up the stairs and got to my apartment door. To my surprise it was unlocked.

I opened the door slowly. I walked in to see who it was. I turn the corner to see my mother on the couch scrolling on her phone. I was more than relief to see just my mom.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper yelled at her.

"What are you doing home?!" She whispered back.

I held up my pointing finger and walked to Lilly's room. I placed her on her bed and covered her up. Man she's a heavy sleeper like her father. I rolled my eyes and walked out and into the living room. I sat by my mom.

"Mandy's closing the café. She's moving to be closer to her mom. She gave me this guys number. He's a CEO who is looking for a secretary. I was planning on calling him while Lilly was sleeping." I said trying to catch my mom up on what has happened.

"Well what are you waiting for are you going to call him?!"

"I'm nervous and I don't know what to say" I said biting my nails.

"Stop doing that!" Mom slapped my hand away from my mouth. " I'm going to be right here. Tell him that your name is Jamie Kent and your calling because Mandy Sanders said that you were looking for a secretary and said that you would be perfect for the job."

"Ok that doesn't sound too bad." I pulled out my phone and dialed Andrew's number while I still had confidence. I put the phone on speaker so mom could hear too.

"Hello?" A male voice answered the phone after two rings.

"Hi is this Andrew Smith?" I asked politely trying to stay calm.

"This is him." He said still sounding confused.

"Hi Mr.Smith my name is Jamie Kent and I'm calling because Mandy Sanders said that you were looking for a secretary and she said I would be perfect for the job." I said quickly but clearly. I started biting my nails again.

"Well Ms.Kent, I've already had interviews." I got even more nervous if that was even possible.
"Unfortunately I did not find anyone who met the criteria to be my secretary. If you come in tomorrow at 11 I can see if you meet fit the job."

"Yes sir I'll be there for sure." I said smiling.

"I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Thank you so much sir." I said quickly before he hung up. I was so happy and excited I just hugged my mom. "Can you watch Lilly tomorrow?"

"Duh I'll watch her I love my little Lilly Bear." My mom said laughing while hugging me.