Chapter 3

The next day came and I met up with Travis like I normally do, during lunch. We sat there. We talked and laughed together. "I can't wait till Friday!" I say to him excitedly. 

"Me either!" He says back. We were walking to our cars after school and we were talking about what we were going to do 2 days from now. "So what movie are we going to go see on Friday?" I asked him as we stop at my car. 

"That's a very good question." He says as he pulls me close and leans against my car. We stood there for the longest time. "Kaitlyn?" He says in a whisper. 

"Yes?" I reply back in the same type of whisper. 

"Can I kiss you?" he asks as if he were a gentleman. 

"You don't even have to ask." I say back to him. He leans in and we are just about to kiss when his best friend Josh hollars for him telling him it was time to get going. I look at him, and he looks at me. "I'll see you tomorrow." I say to him as I walk to the other side of my car. 

"Kaitlyn?" he says as I get into my car.

"What!?" I respond back to him.

"Don't be mad." He says to me through my open window.

"I'm not mad, Travis! You don't have time for me I understand." I yell at him. 

"No that's not how it is at all." He says back to me.

"Just go Travis!" I say as I back my car out of the school parking lot and drive off into the distance.