Something

(Emily's P.o.V)

I was so confused. Harvy, walking free. My friend. Should I really be sad about this? I mean, he's not suffering in jail and we were so close...

But he made me suffer, and I was ignored. 

I was torn. I didn't want to feel like this. I wish he just never came to my apartment. I wish I didn't ignore him after the concert. I wish I would have just let him kiss me and acted normal about it...

"Hey, we're here." Josh shook my leg. I shot back to attention, falling out of my thought.

"Oh." I muttered. I stepped out from the cab onto the sidwalk. It was just about two o'clock. Anna, Mark, Josh and Tyler all began walking towards the main entrance.

"Wait!" I called. The group stopped and turned back to me 

"Let's not walk through the lobby. We can go around the back." I suggested. Anna shrugged her shoulders.

"Sure." She said.

I didn't want to walk through so many people. I didn't want to see people.

I opened the door to the dorm to find it exactly how we'd left it before we'd gone to court. What else would I expect. Something was different, though. The light through the window didn't shine as bright. The paintings looked duller. Everything looked duller, mind you. My head began to feel dizzy.

"I'm going to go lie down." I informed everyone. Tyler tilted his head.

"Are you alright, Emily?" 

"I'm fine." I hissed as I went to my room. 

Now I was angry. Why was I angry? Why did I feel like this? 

I took off my shoes and my blazer, stripping down into my underwear. I threw on a pajama shirt, and curled myself up into a little ball on my bed. I wanted to sleep, and it was two in the afternoon. Sleep came surprisingly quickly.

I woke up with a start, drool on my pillow.

'lovely...'

Letting out a big yawn, I sat up from my bed, my blankets scattered on the floor. I looked at the clock next to my bed.

3:36 in the morning. 

I groaned to myself, rubbing my eyes. My stomach gurgled like a motherfucking truck. I haven't eaten since breakfast. Wondering out into the hallway, I was startled to find people sleeping on my floor. It took me a bit to remember that I had guests. I just prayed that I could make myself a sandwich without waking them. I tiptoed over to the kitchen, and jumped when I heard a voice.

"You're up too?" A sleepy voice asked me.

"Good lord Tyler, you scared me!" I scolded, whispering. 

"Sorry." Tyler's voice replied from the dark.

"Why are you up?" I questioned him.

"I could say the same for you." He scoffed.

"Seriously." I rolled my eyes.

"Insomnia." He told me bluntly.

"Oh." I didn't know how to respond. I heard the blankets rustle, and I watched Tyler's slender figure emerge into the dim light of my kitchen. 

"So why are you awake?" He smiled at me, making my heart flutter a bit.

no

"I'm hungry." I said, still whispering.

"You don't have to whisper, they're heavy sleepers." Tyler motioned to Josh and Mark, who were sprawled out on the air mattresses.

'Anna must have gotten them from Jordan while I was asleep.' I told myself.

"You wouldn't mind if I made some tea or something?" Tyler asked me.

"Go ahead." I turned to the counter, grabbing a slice of bread.

"I visited your dad before tour started." Tyler confessed.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned the sleepless boy.

"He's been calling me, asking about you."

I scoffed.

"He knows I don't talk to you anymore."

Oh shit

Tyler looked down at the ground.

I sounded like a bitch.

"Tyler, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"It was different without you in Columbus." Tyler told me hastily. "Quieter."

I sighed.

"I shouldn't have left." I stared down at my bare feet, realizing that I wasn't wearing pants.

'Well shit, isn't this embarrassing?'

"Hey, you were just following your dreams." Tyler tried to reassure me.

"Remember that night before I left? That last night? I told you I didn't want to leave you. I ruined everything." I clenched my fist. "I promised I'd always be there and I wasn't. I was selfish and rude and..."

I felt Tyler's hand press against my cheek. His soft hand, with the familiar warmth. He tilted my face up.

"You aren't selfish. You did what was right." His brown eyes twinkled even in the brink of the morning, staring back into mine. His soft pink lips turned into a smile.

"I'm so proud of everything you've done here. You've made such a great life for yourself."

Tyler's hand left my cheek, but his touch lingered. He turned back to the now steaming kettle.

"Do you want some?" He asked me, grabbing two cups from my cupboard.

"Sure." I abandoned my hope of making a sandwich. He handed me a hot cup of the soothing beverage, and we sat across from each other at my table. We talked until five in the morning, just about everything.

I forgot how madly in love I was with this boy.