Changed

Three months later

I sit on top of a roof and eat an apple. Marquis told me to rest up for later. But I couldn't get to sleep. My bones were all jittery and my heart was beating faster than ever. Maybe it's a caffeine rush. I check my brainwaves and bloodstream. Nothing out of the ordinary. Why do I feel such an adrenaline rush? At five thirty?

I look down and see a man and a girl in the alley. Now I have to be nosy or else my day will start off boring as hell. I put my Apple down and lean over the edge of the wall some.

"Gimme the money. I ain't playin girl!" The man yells. The girl begins crying and I prop my chin up on my fist.

"I-I don't have it! Look I just need them for my sister okay! She isn't doing so good with the withdrawal. Come on just give me the drugs!" The girl cries.

The man draws a gun and my eyes widen a little. Interesting. I bite my Apple and throw it at his head. They both look up and I wave. "The he-," he begins but I jump down and draw my guns. The girl screeches once she see the condition of my hands. "What the hell are you?" The man asks shakily.

"A person just like you." I grin. "Nah, nah you work for them White Roze folk. You gonna lock me up ain't ya?!" The man grabs the crying girl and holds the gun to her head. "Help me please!" She screams. I lower my guns and begin to pace. I mumble to myself and tap one of my guns lightly on my forehead. They both look at me confused. I laugh to myself and keep mumbling. They must think I'm off my rocker or somethin.

"Okay girl I ain't got all-," I shoot the guy right between the eyes before he could finishes his sentence. The girl screams as blood gets on her face and the guy falls to the ground. I return my hands to normal and pop a cigarette in my mouth and light it. "Who are you?" The girl asks. I just walk past her and loot the guy. Nothin really good. Was hoping he had money.

I give the girl the drugs and she gasps some. "T-thank you!" She smiles. I just make a "Hmph" noise and begin walking out of the alley. "You better get home kid." I say once I get to the street.

"Wait!" She calls. I look over my shoulder. "I'm Emily...what your name?" She asks.

"Around here they call me Jinx...so just stick to that." I blow smoke into the crisp morning air. The sun had risen some soon people would be pouring out of their apartment buildings.

"W-why Jinx?" She asks clutching the drugs tightly. I smirk and lower my eyes. "Cuz I bring hell onto people who cross me...now you get home." I start walking to the safe house leaving the girl to figure out what she was gonna do next. She seemed like a sweet girl, hopefully she makes good decisions.

****

I stand in Paris' room as she walks around in a towel. She had a meeting tonight and it would be my first night making my own deal. But she wanted me in here. For what, I dunno.

"So Minerva, you know why I asked you in here?" She asks walking over to her drawer. "To talk about the deal." I answer. She looks over her shoulder and drops her towel. "Smart girl." She grins. Biting my lip I look over at her servants. They were all lined on the floor half naked just staring. I've gotten used to them but wonder if I'll end up like that. They seem to enjoy their roll, pleasuring their boss or shall I say master. Paris has been pretty messed up ever since...ever since Pup.

"You'll be meeting up with like five people tonight. Then your done. Thought I make it easy for you." Paris puts on a bra and slides on her panties. I look back at her and she walks over. "Oh come on I like a challenge. Besides I have to handle you almost every night." I grin and lower my eyes. I hear her laugh some and I look up. She was now standing in front of me just grinning.