Chapter 1

"Violet! David is up and he won't stop crying!"

I moan as a roll off my bed to go fix the problem. I don't even think if had two hours sleep today. Perks of being a teen mother.

"What?" I turn round the corner of the nursery door to see mum trying to dress David as he runs around the room naked.

"David! Come here little boy!"

He immediately runs away from me laughing and giggling as I chase him. Finally I catch him and grab his waist to throw him over my shoulder. By the time I dress David Mum's out the door to go to work and I'm left to take David to Kindy, once again.

I pack his lunch including crackers and dip, a biscuit, a sandwich and segments of an apple. He anxiously waits on the barstool while he eats his fruit loops.

Once finished we hop in the car Johnny joining us , our dog, and we head off to Pemberton Kindy.

-

"Did you book an appointment to see the doctor about David's asthma" Mrs Smith asks intriguing, I seriously dislike this teacher. She's way too perfect, got lots of money has perfect children, dream job and practically the perfect life.

"No I forgot, you know with work and everything, remember I am only 21"

"Yeah I can't forget that'"

Ugh I really need to invest in a new school for David I can't take anymore of her judgement.

When I get in the car I am greeted with Johnny and I grab my phone to book a doctors appointment because his asthma attacks are getting worse.

"Hi this is Ranford Medical Centre how may I help you"

"Hi, we'll my 5 year old son has had a few mild asthma attacks lately, each one getting worse. I have a ventalin but nothing is advancing."

"We'll we can book an appointment for this afternoon around 4?"

"Oh yes that will be good, thanks do you need my details?"

"Yes your name, age, sons name, phone number and address."

"I'm violet pepper, I am 21.." I am cut off by the person speaking again

"Sorry was that 31? It sounded like 21 and that's way to young! Sorry so was it 31?"

Seriously now strangers are judging me.

"No it was 21 and your probably a fat old receptionist that doesn't even have a fucking family cause you're so fucking ugly!' I scream into the phone

"Excuse me?"

"fuck you, you wanker"

And I hung up.

Shit.

I never got an appointment.