A look into his life

Dark, empty and cold. The room stood at the end of the long corridor. The fluorescent lights flickered against the moldy walls creating a haunting affect. We can never truly feel another's pain, but that scream emitted from James overdosed in excruciating pain, it had the type of power to put every other thought on hold and root us all together in the same kind of agony, making you feel empathetic towards the man. 

Hydra, a ruthless Nazi organization, had only a heart of stone, enjoying every ounce of the poor mans torture. They stood around studying him, jotting down notes on their brown clipboards, steering at young man with their beady eyes as if he was a freak show in some circus. The young mans eyes were wide, his skin paled and clammy, even from a far distance you could spot the drizzling sweat running down his toned tanned figure, dripping from the tip of his nose and running down the remainder of his face. Every couple of minutes James would let out a scream through his chapped, parched lips that were deprived of water. His whale of suffering and immense pain had a raw quality to it, the realness of it was a symbol of a type of pain consumed that had no end or limit. At times the young man would go silent, in his silence his whole body managed to scream. His eyes snapped wide with horror, his teeth clenched shut, between them a mouth guard to keep him from shattering his jaw; also an attempt to muffle his heart-clenching yells.

Who is this James? James Buchanan (Bucky) Barnes, was once a Sergeant in the 107th platoon fighting for America now sat waiting for a hopeful escape. As he waited he could feel his arm writ in pain, restricted from the dull grey cuffs holding him down in the torturous chair. He could feel the heat from where his bionic-like arm took place, connecting at his shoulder blade, flush against the raw chasm of puckered flesh that was paler than the tone of his lightly tanned skin, toughened by the years. It served James as personal reminded of his fall into that icy ravine that lost him his left arm.