Who the hell is Bucky?

News reports soon plastered along the streets of Washington, sirens blared from the echoes of medical services tending to people in need. People turned afraid when hearing the whispers about the 'master assassin' clad in a black leather suit, a mussel like mask covering his mouth that restricted him from speaking while his eyes were covered with smeared black makeup giving him a raccoon look that he made look intimidating. He was always in the background looking for one person in particular, his mission Captain America. The intelligence community didn't believe he existed, the ones who did called him The Winter Soldier.

As the Winter Soldier rounded the corner he could see the highway in which he knew Captain America and his friends were. It was the perfect time to strike. As his fingers curled around the black handle of the machine gun his decision was made. 

Hoping to complete his mission fast the other Hydra operatives are firing like mad, shooting anything in their paths. The Winter Soldier does not fire until he has the blonde haired man in sight. As he fires his first bullet it sends the super soldier hurtling over the ledge of the bridge. Once the blonde man regained his balance quickly and with expertise, he strikes out attacks against the assassin, trying to disarm the man with a metal arm and a thick looking mask covering his true identity from the world and making it incapable of him to speak. "Who in the hell is this man" Steve had thought to himself. As they battled more Captain America managed to land a hard blow to the mans head. As Caps shiny circular shield whizzed through the air and flung the assassin along the street the Winter Soldier rose into a crouched position, clearly winded by the force of the hit he received. From Steve's position he could see that the mans mask had fallen limply to the ground, as the man rose up into a standing stance suddenly Steve's past flashed before his eyes, he thought what he saw in front of him was a pigment of his imagination. 

"Bucky?" Steve said confusion clearly shown in his facials. Captain America couldn't believe how that man, Bucky! was alive? didn't he die from his fall from the train back in 1945? b-but if he did die how is he seeing him in front of him? It all seemed to surreal but when that man whispered a reply "Who the hell is Bucky" Steve knew form then on, it was in fact his Bucky. He could recognize that voice with his eyes closed. The same voice he had missed and hadn't heard in over 70 years, the same exact voice that would call him "Punk" after he got into fights in the back alleys of Brooklyn during his pre-serum days. As Steve focused back onto the man he always thought of as his brother, his other half who he once believed was dead for all those years he saw the Winter Soldiers face change to a slight hint of recognition and confusion. The Winter Soldier didn't know what exactly 'Bucky' meant, but he had a hunch, he also felt like the blonde man, his mission, was different, not just someone Hydra intended for him to kill, he felt like he knew this blonde man. But how? and with that thought in mind, The Winter Soldier turned and left. 

But when Steve saw his reflection in the empty eyes of Bucky's, which where once bright and lively he decided to take a chance. How could it be that the person you'd take a bullet for, ends up being the one behind the trigger?