The lightning

Samuel POV (point of view)

"Come on brother, We musn't be too late." Mary yelled, and I smiled.

We were going to see the lighting from the top of a huge mountain, and we were nearly at the top.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. It sounds like a cliche, I know.

My older sister Mary was taking me out of the village to see the lightning.

I was only ten old years that day. That horrible day.

"Mary hold on, I'm not that fast." I yelled back, and she stopped.

"Come on Samuel, it isn't that far. Only 50 meters left." She said, and smiled.

I always admired my sister for her kindness. She was the nicest person I had ever met, and I loved her indescribably.

We finally reached the top of the mountain, and I ghasped.

It was extraordinary.

"Wow, how beautiful. You can see everything from here." I said to my sister, and she smiled to me.

A cold winter breeze flew by, and lifted her brown hair up.

It danced graciously in the wind.

I sat down on the ground, gazing upon the beauty of the world.

It was dark outside, but that didn't matter since the sky was being lit up by the moon.

It almost looked like the moon was bathing in the lake, and I smiled.

I was stunned.

How could there be such a magical place?

"Are you okay?" Mary asked me, and I turned around.

She was staring at me with a worried look on her face, and I was quick to give her a smile.

"Yes, I am just amazed." I said, and Mary nodded.

"This is a place I like to come to when I need inspiration." She said, and I looked at her.

It was wierd. My mom used to tell me that I looked more like my sister than any other in my family.

I suppose that was true.

We both had deep, friendly, brown eyes, and hair brown like dirt.

Our family was small, but that didn't matter.

We were a happy family of farmers living in the outskirts of the city. If someone was in need of shelter or food, we were the family who provided it.

Other families thought that we were crazy. Maybe we were?

The next part I really don't remember that well.

It all happened so fast.

The lightning stretching down from the sky.