Ch 6

Once I fish out my phone out of my bag, I pause and  hesitate to make the phone call. Why do I feel so dependent on him. I never need help. I'm strong. Why does he make me weak? No he doesn't make me weak. He makes me feel safe.

"Call or text me if you ever need anything" his words replay in my head.

I've never been the kind to be nervous to call a guy. Ugh I hate this.

I gain every ounce of courage and let my thumbs dial his contact.

It rings a few times then he answers, "Hey beautiful" his voice is deep and husky, I hadn't heard his voice in last few hours and didn't realize I was craving it.

"Hey Dom" my voice is shaky. Relax Bre relax, I tell myself. I continue, "have you seen Ace?"

"Not today, why." His tone very neutral, what should be a question sounds more like a command.

"It's just usually when I get home from class he's here, but he's not home" I rush out.

His silence taunts me, before he finally speaks, "where are you"

"At the house...well outside the house" I let out a tiny giggle.

"I'm coming over to keep you company" again what should be a question sounds more demanding, and before I say anything I hear his car door shut and his loud engine roar.

"You don't have to, I mean if your busy-"

"I want to" he interrupts

"Were you at the shop?" My attempts to continue our conversation.

"Yeah I was just closing up," I can hear the engine in the background, hes already driving on the road. 

"Closing for the day?"

"Yeah It was slow, one of my guys Davey is there to finish up for me" he continues, "that's the perk of owning the place."

I chuckle and I know he's smiling on the other end.

"Well it's not safe to talk on the phone and drive, so ill see you in a few."

"Okay beautiful, in a few." My stomach flutters and I hang up the phone.

I have a dorky smile on my face and all my anxiety from being alone, and vulnerable, are replaced with thoughts of Dom. I sit on my front steps and look into the sky. 

A few minutes later I hear his loud engine coming up the road. He pulls into the driveway eyes glued to mine.

I smile and wave. He jerks his head as if to say "come here" I oblige and walk to his passenger side and lean down to the window.

"I'm hungry lets get some food" he commands, again.

"You know you do this thing where when you ask a question it sounds more like a demand" I pout my lips out, he chuckles.

"Maybe because they are demands" and something about his sexy flirty words, sends heat between my legs. I shake it off and hop in the car.

We're back on the main road in seconds. "Where do you want to eat"

I think about it for a second, "I could go for a burger and fries."

He simply nods. A few seconds later he begins, "did you make it to your class on time"

My heart flutters at the thought that he actually cares. "Yeah, I made it with more than enough time."

"What did you do with your extra time"

"Met up with Sky, my best friend."

"Ace's Sky?"

My face twists I look at his face to try to see if he's joking, he's not, "what do you mean 'Ace's Sky' ?" I question.