The Aftermath

A quick intro....

Yes, this is a Hayffie story

This occurs right after Mockingjay

The rebellion and wars are over, Or so we thought.....

Meet Twyla Maysilee Abernathy. She is the daughter of Effie Trinket and Haymitch Abernathy. Twyla has never been to the capital and only seen her mother a few birthdays. She lives with her father In the victors village,District 12 was rebuilt...and reborn. Just when everyone felt safe and secure, new and unpredictable events occur that change Twyla and her family.

Okay, to the prologue!
__________________

Effie's POV

"Of all days she picks Christmas Day to sleep in." Haymitch groans. We've been waiting for little Twyla to wake up since 7 AM and it now 9:12.

"Give the kid a break, she's only 2." I say.

"Can we please wake her?!" He asks.

I sigh. It was late. "Fiiiine."

He chuckled and grabbed my wrist and gently pulled me upstairs. He swung Twyla's door open to reveal her sleeping in her small bed with the most peaceful face. "Do we really have to wake her?" I asked as I sat on her bed and stroked her short blonde hair.

He rolls his eyes. "Effie,Effie,Effie."

I kissed Twyla's forehead and shook her lightly. "Twi. Up, up,up it's going to be a big,big,big day!" I say as Haymitch bursts out with laughter.

She stirs and opens her beautiful ocean blue eyes. "It is?" Her voice squeaks. I nod. "It's Christmas!" She beams and jumps up. "c'mon!" She exclaims running downstairs.

"Careful! Please don't fall again!" I shout in my pitchy capital accent.

Haymitch puts a hand on my shoulder. "She's excited,Eff. Walking isn't going to get her there." I roll my eyes and continue walking gracefully downstairs.

"Mommy!!!! Presents!!! Daddy!!!" Twyla exclaims jumping up and down.

"Go ahead and open them." Haymitch says. Twyla smiles and grabs a present. She carefully rips the paper off and opens the box. She pulls out a floral dress with a matching headband and a pretty necklace."Pretty!" She says showing me. I read the tag. It's from Octavia, one of the stylists of Katniss Everdean for the 74th annual hunger games. She's always been more of a friend to me.

Fortunately, after the new president was elected the hunger games were canceled. But you never know, they could be out back on....if that was to happen I would quickly refuse to escort.

Twyla finished opening her gifts and came and sat in my lap as she fiddled with a stuffed bear. "Hey Twyla... There's one more." I say handing her a small box. Her eyes lit up as she grabs it and rips the paper off. She opens the black box which reveals a gold heart-shaped locket. "it's so pwetty." She whispers.

I open it and inside lies a picture of me and Haymitch on one side and a picture of Haymitch,me, and Twyla on the other side. She gasps and quickly hugs me tightly. "thank you!" She jumps off my lap and hugs Haymitch as well. He puts the chain around her neck and kisses her cheek. "I love you Daddy and Mommy." She said staring at the necklace. "We love you too,sweetheart." He says. I nod feeling tears come to my eyes.

This was my family.

And my home.

With them in the capital.

Forever.
---------------

And that was 4 years ago.

Now life has changed. I still live in the capital,but not with Haymitch and Twyla. I miss them more than anything but I can't leave...

President Aaronnè Hart said so.

Now I'm stuck In this prison that is my home. Anyplace without my loved ones is just a prison.

But it's a harsh place now, the capital isn't the best place in the Panem. I used to think it was....but I guess you could say I learned my lesson.

[][][][][][][][][][][]

So? What did you think??

Yea....it's boring now. But I promise it will get better! Just please give it a chance. This is my first story.

If I notice anyone is reading/voting/commenting I will post the first chapter!

AppleDapple23