Prologue

Jade (age 12)

As soon a Aunty Karen opened up the car door I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. Through the big white swinging doors of the hospital, along the corridors and straight to where my father was sitting in the corner crying. He hung his head low as tears spilled down his face. I walked over to him slowly and started rubbing his back

"Dad what's wrong", I asked calmly but I already knew the answer.

"She's gone", he barely whispered to me before bursting into tears again

I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I slowly lifted myself up and bolted out of the hospital. I run towards my 2 story house which is just a block away from the hospital and when I reached home my mind is racing.

I couldn't bear to go into the house which held so many memories of her. The pain is too strong so I decide to climb up into the tree house in my backyard which my dad and I made together when I was 6. I went over to the big red puffy bean bag that my mother and I use to read fairytales on when I was a little girl and started crying for what seemed like hours. The pain of loosing my mother was too much to handle and I couldn't stop crying when suddenly I felt a warm hand on my arm pulling me into a hug.

I then again cried into their shoulder until I just couldn't cry anymore. I looked over at the person. He was around my age with brown hair curly hair and green eyes that put my blue ones to shame. He had a singlet on that showed off his developing muscles and black board shorts. I had seen him around before; he was the new next door neighbor's son. They have lived next door for about three months now but I never really made an effort to get to know him.

"How did you get in here", I asked quietly

"I was playing in the backyard when I heard you crying, so I climbed the latter to see if you were okay", He said with genuine honesty

"Oh", was my smart reply

"What's wrong", he asked me

I hung my head down, feeling tears threatening to seep out again until he grabbed my head and forced me to look into his eyes

"Everyone I know leaves me", I say crying

"I will never leave you", He says hugging me tightly and I believed him

"I'm Jacob Fisher", He said after a few minutes

"Jade Carter", I smiled at him

That's the day I lost my mother and best friend in the whole world, but gained a new friend

-----------------------

Jade (age 17)

It has been five years since the day I lost my mother and gained a new best friend, but that's not all that Jacob is to me. 3 years ago to this day Jacob asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, so now I'm sitting in my room straightening my short blonde hair, wearing my white shoulder strap dress that comes to just above my knee with my white lace bra and undies underneath.

I just got back home from a trip to Paris that I took with my father. Ever since my mum pasted away my dad and I haven't been really close so 2 weeks traveling around Paris was meant to be family bonding time. So Jacob doesn't know I'm home yet, last night when I got home he was out so I told his mum, Lillian not to tell him I was back yet and I hid my car in the garage.

As I put the finishing touches on my hair and slipped my black heels on, I grab the key to his house that Lillian gave me last night out of my purse and made my way next door. I knew that Lillian would be at work so Jacob would be home alone. When I slide the key in the hole and unlock it I start to get butterflies im my stomach. We haven't seen each other in two weeks and I'm kind of nervous.

I make my way up the red carpet steps, onto the second story when I start hearing moaning and banging. As I get closer to Jacob room the moaning gets louder and louder, so I slowly turn the knob on his door to find him wrapped up in the sheets with someone else. As soon as he sees me he jumps off of her and I can finally see who it is. Megan Roberts my ex-best friend. After my mum died I cut all ties with my old friends except Mia my half sister that lives with her father and just hung out with Jacob so it was a surprise to see her in his bed.

"Jade I can explain", Jacob said as Megan just smirked at me

"Explain what", I yelled, "How you slept with her, so you can try and tell me it was a mistake and it won't happen again only to go cheat on me again and again"

"Jade please listen", Jacob pleaded

"No I came over here to surprise you, only to find you with another girl. I think that explains everything", I said as tears started clouding my eyes.

"But I love you", Jacob said stunned

"Well I don't love you", I reply heartbroken walking out of his room, down the steps and out the front door. My heart was broken and nothing he could say would make it any better. I run into my room and jump on my bed. I hear bashing on my front door but just ignore it as I dial Mia's number

"Yello", Mia's voice comes from the other end of my phone

"Mia, Jacob cheated on me with Megan", I say holding back tears

"I will be there in 5 minutes", she says before the line goes dead

As I'm waiting for her I decide to look threw my mother's things again, it always helps me when I feel upset. I grab the big cardboard box from underneath my bed and start looking through it.

I start looking through my mums old high school yearbook when I suddenly see a picture that I never noticed her in before. It was a small picture hidden amongst all of the various club photos. My mum was dresses in a cute purple dress and a blue jean jacket, her long blonde hair draped over her should and her beautiful signature smile was clear to see. She was standing in font of a stall that said Willows Match Making. My mum looked so happy with various couples around her.

I suddenly received a brilliant idea. I should start a match making business so that girl and guy will find love that doesn't end in heartbreak. People have always said that I have a talent matching two people together.

I put my head on my big purple pillow and smile to myself. Yeah that's what I'll do, that's what I'll do.