8

MIA CRUZ.

BEEEEEP!
I slammed the annoying machine shut. I opened my eyes and collect my self before looking around.I thought about the awesome date with Marco yesterday and blushed.

I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to have my bath and brush my teeth. After i was done, I brushed my hair and after applying light makeup exited my house but not before grabbing my necessary work documents and my car keys.

I decided to stop by my mom's bookshop before heading off to work. She must be pretty worried that i had just pulled a disappearing act like that.

I pack my car in front of the store and walked inside. "Hi mom, good morning" I stated and watched the relief evident on her face. "Mia! i thought you've forgotten about me" she stated dramatically and i just laughed. "I have a phone mom, you could havejust called" I stated and she just shrugged and went back to arranging her books.

"So what's up, any special thing happening in your life?" She asked and i just blushed "well i went out on a date yesterday and yes you know him" I stated and saw her eyes widened "who might that be?" She asked with curiosity "Marco Valentino, you know the client that i introduced you to" I stated and watched how a knowing smirk came on her face. "Speaking of him, i want you to help me deliver this gift basket to him for buying a huge amount of books from my store" she stated and handed me a basket that i hadn't noticed before.

I took it from her and sighed "okay i will but i have to go work first" I stated and said one final goodbye to her before leaving.

I looked at the gift basket on the passenger seat and smirk. I want to see his reaction to the gift, I guess i can be late to work today. I turned the car around and headed to Marcos's house.

The security personnel at the gate let me in and I drove up to his house. I came out of the car with the gift basket and looked at his car in awe, i still marvel at how beautiful the house is. I walked up to the entrance and rang the doorbell. I didn't have to wait long as the door opened, revealing Ophelia. "Good morning miss, please come inside" I smiled and stepped into the house "where's Marco?" I asked while placing the basket on the nearby table "Mr Valentino will be with you shortly, just take your seat. Do you want anything?" She asked and i just shook my head.

She excused herself and then walked away leaving me alone to wait for Marco. I heard a muffled yell and quickly stood up. The yelling continued and i followed it until i came across that same door again. I contemplated opening it and was about to head back again when i heard an ear-piercing scream. I opened the door and quickly located the sound but what i saw made me freeze.

A man was lying on the ground all battered and brushed as three people towered over him. I looked at their faces and among them was Marco. I gasped softly as he got handed a knife in which he used to inflict more damage on the man making him scream. I clutched my ears and fejt my eyes water as Marcos finally put him out of his misery by making the other two hold him in a kneeling position and shoving the knife so deep in his throat, i know the ending would have come out of the other side.

The man slowly chocked on the blood until he finally became limp. "dispose of him" Marco hard voice pierced through the silence which made me snap out of my trance of staring at the now dead man. I moved back slowly until i got out of the basement. I was grateful that Ophelia or any other maid weren't there to intercept me as i finally made my way outside and into my car on shaky legs.

I turned on my car and drove straight home, work and the gift basket long forgotten in my haste to get away.

MARCO VALENTINO
I opened the basement door and went outside, wiping my bloodstained hands on a dish rag. I moved to the parlor with the soul aim of getting a scotch from my personal bar when my eyes caught something. I moved to the gift basket and frowned at it "Ophelia!" The slightly chubby maid came rushing to my side as i pointed at the basket "what are those?" I asked and she stared at the basket also before turning to me "Miss Cruz brought them and said she'll wait for you but i don't see her anymore" she stated and I suddenly paled. Mia was here when i-. I shook my head as i dismissed Ophelia. Maybe she just had a family emergency or something.

I rushed towards my office and check the video feeds and therefore confirming my worst fears. I watch in horror as Mia enter the basement and rushed out fast.

I quickly picked up my phone and dialed Mia's number but got no response. Out of sheer frustration punched a hole in the wall and my agitation reduces a little because the throbbing i was feeling in my hands were allowing me to think. I sat in my chair and kept dialing Mia's number. This was going to be a long day.

______________________________________
Vote comment share.

______________________________________Vote comment share