The Name's Ja'Crispy

"Hey guys what's up?"

My heart stopped and I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that when I opened them it would all just be a dream. I opened my eyes and Joe was standing in front of me smiling, his hair sticking up wildly.

"Who's this?" Sal asked, confusion in his voice.

"This is our new friend Audrey!" Murr beamed. He turned me around so I was facing Sal. I immediately covered my face, I could feel it getting redder and redder by the second.

"Aw come on. Don't be like that. It's okay. It's just Sal! I know he's ugly but you don't gotta cover your eyes!" Joe laughed at his own joke.

I felt someone tugging at my hands and I put them down. I opened my eyes and found a pair of green eyes staring into my own. My breath caught in my throat and my chest felt like it was going to explode.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Are you okay??" Sal looked concerned.

I nodded. "S-sorry...hi." I stammered.

He held out his hand in a fist and smirked. "The names Ja'crispy."

I laughed and fist bumped him. "Audrey."

"Wow Sal. None of us got that reaction out of her yet." Q slapped him on the back and I blushed even worse.

"Well I guess we know who the favorite is." Joe pouted.

I laughed. "Stop it. You're all my favorites. You're like my heroes."

"Awwwww really?!" Joe perked up. He pulled me in for a hug and I just awkwardly stood there while he squeezed me.

"Guys we gotta get back to filming." A man I didn't recognize approached us.

The guys all hung their heads and pouted.

Q huffed like a little kid and rolled his eyes. "I guess you're right."

Murr perked up. "Can Audrey stay and watch us?"

"Uh I mean I guess if you want her to?" The man shrugged and walked away.

The guys all stared at me expectantly. I could feel my face getting red again. "I uh..I can't."

"And why not?" Q gave me a look.

I wracked my brain for an excuse but my mind drew a blank. I didn't really have friends in New York so I couldn't use that as an excuse. I already used the appointment excuse and they saw straight through it.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "I mean I guess if I have to." The guys all cheered. "Brats." I hissed and they laughed.

"Okay you just sit here." Q pulled a chair over by the bush where the TV was. He was careful to make sure I wasn't in the shot with the jokers. He patted the seat and stared at me expectantly.

I sat and watched as Joe, Murr, and Q put in headphones and picked up the microphone. Sal walked onto the sidewalk and slid his hands in his pocket. He was already smirking and giggling to himself.

"Okay Sal. Your word is Laminaria." Joe laughed into the microphone.

Sal looked at the camera, bit his lip, and shook his head. "Seriously?"

Murr unplugged the microphone and pulled out his phone. " Any of a genus (Laminaria) of large chiefly perennial kelps with an unbranched cylindrical or flattened stipe and a smooth or convoluted blade; broadly :  any of various related kelps. But Sal doesn't need to know that." They all giggled to themselves as Murr plugged the mic back in.

"What are you guys laughing at?" Sal looked in our direction. The guys just shook their head and giggled. A teenage boy walked by. "Hey uh do you know what a Laminaria is?"

The boy just shrugged his shoulders. "It's what happens when you lick a German midget." Joe snickered into the microphone as he gave Sal the explanation he was supposed to repeat.

Sal immediately started giggling to himself. "It's what happens when uh..when you lick a German midget." He covered his face with his hands. The boy looked confused. "Ever uh heard of it?"

"Uh no dude..sorry..." The boy started to walk away. Sal looked in our directions and raised his hands in a big thumbs down. The guys all lost it. I shook my head and laughed quietly to myself.

Sal walked up to Joe and smacked him. "What the fuck does that even mean?!"

Joe started laughing and Murr spoke up. "A type of kelp or plant or something."

Sal shook his head and held up his hands. "Okay I'm done with this for today. I need a beer." The guys all nodded in agreement except Joe.

"I'll just have milk and cookies." Joe shrugged and I giggled.

"Would you like to join? Our friends are having a little party tonight." Q looked over at me. "You're too quiet by the way. You don't even laugh out loud."

I shrugged. "Sorry that's just how I am. And well I don't really drink or socialize or anything." I frowned. "I think I'm just gonna go home and watch tv.

"Well Joe doesn't drink either. Just have milk and cookies with him!" Murr smiled.

"I dunno. I'm not really a party person. Or people person. Or any type of person really." I awkwardly laughed and they just kept staring. "Sorry." I blushed.

"But Audreyyyyyyyy." Sal looked at me with his green eyes. "Ja'crispy wants you to come." He pouted.

I couldn't say no to Sal. I sighed, "Fine." They started to cheer. "But don't expect me to have fun."

"Okay. So it's settled. Is it okay if we get you around 8?" Murr smiled at me and it made me feel good...sort of comfortable.

I nodded and exchanged my information with him. "See you guys at eight." I awkwardly waved and started to walk away.

"Wait Audrey." I got a few steps away when Sal jogged up next to me. "I promise that if you want to leave or if anything happens we will be there okay? We're not gonna be ass holes. Well maybe Murr." He smirked at me. "See ya later." He walked away and I waved.

I turned and started walking back towards my apartment. I could feel that my face was still burning red. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was going to my first New York party with four psychotic jokers.