i

Do you know what it feels like waking up without any memory of who you are, where you came from, and why you are here?

In my case, every morning is a struggle of finding answers for my lost identity. It is not easy to wake up everyday with no idea of your whole existence and only a scar on the left side of your head serves as a proof that you were once someone in the past.

Araw-araw kong tinatanong ang mga nurses at doctor na dumadalo sakin kung sino ako and they would just tell me that I am Six - no last name, just Patient Six.

I was diagnosed with Retrograde amnesia. I cannot remember things that happened before my accident. For short, I totally forgot literally my whole life.

I happened to not have any relatives too. Ang sabi nila ay mag-isa ako nang mabangga ang kotse ko sa isang truck. Ang sabi din nila ay nung ma-imbestigahan ng mga pulis ang kotse ko ay wala silang nakitang kahit ano mang makakapag-confirm sa identity ko bukod sa isang voice recorder na hawak-hawak ko nang matagpuan akong duguan.

Mahigpit kong hinawakan ang hugis parisukat na kulay itim na bagay na 'to. Mukha nang pinaglumaan ang voice recorder, I can tell it from the faded corners of it. It feels warm in between my palm and it seems to fit perfectly in my hand.

Muli kong pinindot ang play button at tinapat ito sa bandang tenga ko.

"Six. I can see that you are in pain, that is why I have to leave you alone. Soon you'll be free and everything's gonna be okay. This thing will end, I promise you that."

A man's voice is talking to Six in which they assumed is me. I always dream about his voice every single night. I can always hear him calling for me as if he's at the back of my mind, waiting for me to find and remember him.

Based on the deep and raspy voice, the man seems to be exhausted. I can even hear his heavy breathing in every word that he said.

"...This thing will end, I promise you that."

I closed my eyes trying to remember a little from his voice. Pero wala akong matandaan sa halip ay nakaramdam ako ng sakit na parang pinipiga ang ulo ko, as if my brain is begging me not to force myself from remembering.

Nabitawan ko ang recorder at agad na hinawakan ang ulo ko, a piercing scream came out of my mouth and soon enough people dressed in white scrubsuit came running through my room's door. Some are holding my arms, keeping them away from my head while others are checking the machines that are attached to me.

"Sino ako?! SINO AKO?!"

I can see that someone is preparing that familiar syringe again. I know what's the purpose of that thing. Again I screamed, before I lose my consciousness.

"WHO AM I?! PLEASE TELL ME!"

"Calm down, Six. Relax darling..." pag-aalo ng isa sakanila sakin.

"P-please answer me... who am I?" I sobbed, tears already soaked my cheeks but they seem like they don't care at all.

"This will hurt a bit, just like before. Okay?" The one holding the syringe said.

"Who am I?" My head hurts upon asking the same question again and again.

"You are Six."

It is still their answer.

The stinging pain of the penetration of the needle to my upper arm stopped me from moving. I sobbed even more while the thick fluid entered my vein.