iii

"We need to talk." The voice of the young man echoed inside their living room.

"Tungkol saan?" Magkahalong kaba at takot ang nararamdaman ni Florence habang nakaupo sa tapat ng kanyang asawa.

"Remember when I told you about Malcolm Lucero-"

"One of the notorious gangsters na nakabangga mo." A large lump grew in her throat.

Elliot nodded.

"What about him?"

"They sent me a threat. He'll seek for revenge dahil sa pagpapatigil ko ng operasyon sa isa sa mga malalaking negosyo niya sa Visayas."

Elliot, which is working in the Police Intelligence Department of the National Police, is looking so tired and troubled. He looked so scared and even his young wife can see it in his eyes.

"Love, what's wrong?" She went near him, finding her space on his lap and wrapped her arms around him, her face is buried on his chest.

Agad din namang niyakap ni Elliot ang asawa. "Takot akong madamay ka. Hindi impossible na malaman nila ang tungkol satin."

Because of the risks of his job, he and the 22-year old model kept their wedding as a secret in which Police Gen. Manuel, her father, also agreed for the safety of his daughter, son-in-law, and the rest of his family.

Kahit na may nararamdaman nang takot si Florence ay nagawa pa niyang ngumiti at halikan ang labi ng asawa niya. She wants to lessen his doubts. "I trust you, Six. Whatever happens, alam kong hindi mo ako pababayaan."

He gave her a very weary smile. "I love you, Florence. I love you so much."

She smiled sweetly at him while brushing his hair with her fingers. "I love you so much, my Six."

...

Yakap-yakap ni Elliot ang asawang mahimbing na ang tulog, looking at her makes him calm, but not as calm as normal.

Hindi maiwasan ng lalaki na matakot dahil possibleng mawala sakanya ang lahat at kasama na dun si Florence, kung sakali mang ituloy ng mga hayop na yun ang banta nila.

He needs to be prepared for all the possibilities and so he stood up, kissed his sleeping wife, grabbed the old voice recorder that he keeps, and went to his small office in their house in order to plot a plan.

Little did he know is five men are already watching them from the outside of their house, preparing for their boss' revenge.

"Sigurado ka bang may asawa yang si Ford?"

The other one took out a cigarette and starts to lit it. "Kung wala man, edi siguraduhin nalang natin na patay na yang lalaking 'yan. Matagal-tagal na ding sagabal sa buhay natin yan."

One of the men took out a remote control that connects to an improvised bomb that is planted inside the Ford's house.

"Sige na."

Agad na pinindot ng lalaki ang code para ma-activate ang bomba at agad na pinasabog ito.

...