Chapter 2 Fate?

As he drew closer and closer I was a 100% sure I knew him. He went to high school with me, even though he was a few years ahead of me, I still remembered his face. I snapped out of my trance to find him standing in front of me, for some reason I got the first hug. As he continued to talk to me and greet the other I kept drafting away trying to remember his name. Finally I gave up and let my mind come back to Earth and it was at the perfect moment. 'Why didn't you come with us?' he asked. With the most confused expression on my face I asked where. 'To SA, for the festive, with your cousin'. Ohhh... finally some sense, of course, he must be Jeremy's friend. 'Guess I wasn't invited' I giggled. 'well next year you're coming with me, deal?' Hahaha,. 'deal'.

There was no way that would happen, so my not have a little fun with it. I mean I didn't even know the guy's name, what was gonna change? After tonight I'd probably never see him again anyway. As soon as he left to go muggle amidst his people, I was bombarded with a million questions, no one seemed to believe that that was the first conversation I had ever had with Chuck, which I later learnt was his name.  After a few more drinks we decided to give the dancing thing another try and joined a large group of people already dancing. The party goers took turns going in and out of the centre, each one dancing along to the music while the crowd cheered them on.

Being as short as I am, I trying my very best to push my way to the front so I could atleast see what was happening. After a few more attempts I gave up and went to sit on the grey and white deep freezers a few steps away from the commotion. I pulled out my phone as started texting (hey, nothing better to do) when suddenly I heard a voice whisper something in my eat.  As I turned around, there he was right beside me, Chuck with his perfect jaw bone, radiant tan and perfectly placed hair. It was almost like a dream, but I had to snap out of it! And I had to do it FAST! No boys allowed this weekend(or any weekend for that matter) , remember? I had to stick to the promise I made to myself.

'Why do you have soo many phones? You're gonna lose one or both' he said almost sounding like my father, or worse, my boyfriend. This was getting bad. ' I would never, I love them too much.' My answer seemed to throw him off a little, clearly he wasn't expecting that. Probably mistoke me for the very cliquey blondes that seemed to be a dime a dozen all over the city these days. ' Well still, let me hold one for you, just for safe keeping, Please? '. 'Fine, here' I said as I was handing other my Nokia with a forced puppy dog face which didn't even seem to phase him 1 bit.

By this time it was the early hours of the morning and everyone was ready for bed. Everyone including Chuck. I had already gotten my other phone from him, so I was sure I wasn't going to see him again tonight. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder, and as I turn around my gaze meets his and for what seemed to be year, our eyes seemed to be the gateway to our souls. It was like we were reading each other and learning everything there is to learn about each other, even though we were perfect strangers by any degree. 

'Aint you supposed to be going home?' I said giving him the most 'disapointed's Mummy face I could think of. Holding back the laughter he claims that he wouldn't dare leave without a bye. We said our goodbyes and as people continued to make their way outside he asked for my Blackberry and immediately put his pin in my phone before turning around and walking into the darkness of the early morning. Who knows, maybe I will see him again.