The fog

This is my first fan fic soooo hi.
P.o.v. Jay ( he is 10 here)
I open the door and I let my mommy go in first.  They're so many flavors I felt like a kid in a candy store (I was a kid in a gelato store.) I chose salted caramel. Mom jokes about how I should "slow my roll" and eat slower instead of inhaling my gelato, because of basketball season coming up. I think for a moment how ball is life. I get snapped back into reality and start laughing at mom's joke. I looked down and saw that I was dripping gelato down my nice church shirt due to laughing so hard. I stood up and went to get napkins, while mom was laughing at me.
I look out of the store window where the napkins were set upon a table, I look into the alley which looked really eerie because of the lights coming thru the fog and the roads wet from rain. I saw something move in the alleyway. It spooked me.
"Why are you deeply staring into the distance?" Mom says partly worried partly humored.
"Oh lol, I saw a rat." I said.
We left the gelato shop and went into our warm car. As mom drove pass the alley I squinted into the foggy alleyway and saw a girl and a boy, I couldn't make out anything else but I just got a feeling that they needed help or were trying to run somewhere.