Chapter I: The Past to the Present

(Saw Picture and fangirled ok!?)
(s/n) = Sister's name
(y/i/n) = Your Initial/your nickname (initial if you don't have the same first letter)
(s/i/n) = Sister's initial/sister nickname (same thing as it was with yours)

*Past*

(Y/n)'s POV
Me and my older sister, (s/n), are escorted into Wammy's House by Watari. He pulls us in a room full of children. A boy (s/n)'s age walks up to us.

"Hello, my name is L. Welcome to Wammy's." (S/n) smiles at the boy while blushing lightly.

He holds out his hand and she takes it in hers before introducing us, "Nice to meet you L, my name is (s/n) and this is my little sister, (y/n)." L smiles down at me before looking up at her again.

"We will have to give you two nicknames, since you two will be part of the school. Only close friends may know your real name." I look up at her before looking at the boy.

"(Y/i/n)." (S/n) looks down at me and smiles before looking up at L.

"Then she is (y/i/n) and I will be (s/i/n)." L smiles down at us. He takes (s/n)'s hand and drags us to three boys, two of them are my age and one of them is younger them me.

One of the boys my age looks up at us, he has blonde hair that goes down to his shoulders and piercing blue eyes. "Who are they?" He asks L.

L smiles down at the boy, "Mello, Matt, Near. These two here are new to Wammy's. This," he points to (s/n), "is (s/i/n). While this," he point down to me, "is (y/i/n)." The other boy my age looks up from his DS, he has dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. Before he even says anything L drags (s/i/n) away to talk to her.

"Hey, you're cute. Names Matt." He looks at me. I feel a bit of anger rise up inside me. I just met this guy!

"Dude, I just met you!" I yell at him. He smirks and looks at the younger kid.

"Near, at least show some interest in the pretty girl." He sneers at the albino looking kid. The kid looks up from his puzzle and smiles, which actually kind of freaks me out.

"Hello, my name is Near." I smile at him and wave before he goes back to his puzzle. The kid I assume is Mello because of the other two, looks at me and smiles.

"Sorry about the creepy smile, and Matt's sucky flirting." He holds out his hand, "Names Mello, I'm in second as L successor."

I smirk before responding, "Well, Mello, you might be bumped down from second." He chuckles.

"You got guts, (y/i/n). I'll give you that." He smiles before Near cuts in.

"Ok lovebirds, please stop flirting. I'm only 3 here." Mello glares at Near.

"I'm not flirting," he looks back at me, "unless you want me too." I blush lightly before looking away.

"Back off, Mel. I spotted her first." Matt yells out to Mello.

Mello glares at Matt, "No you didn't! I saw her first!" As they argue I walk over to Near.

"So what place are you in the list?" I ask the younger boy.

He turns to me and answers, "First." My eyes widen at the fact that a three year old is in first place.

"Wow." Is all I have to say. Why am I an idiot at talking to some people! I hate my self so much right now! I slap my self with out thinking about it.

"Why did you just do that?" Mello looks at me. Great. I got their attention!

"Sorry, I didn't think before I did. Heh. I can be a complete idiot at times." Matt chuckles.