Chapter IV: They Know...

I wake up to my phone buzzing. I look over and see the contact. Mello! I quickly grab my phone and hit answer.

"Mell! Hey! Sorry I didn't video chat with you guys last night. I guess I just passed out." I chuckle at my own stupidity.

"It's fine. L... told me what happened. Are you ok?" His voice is full of concern.

"I WILL FUCKING KILL THAT BASTARD IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO!" I hear Matt yell from the background. Oh... Light.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine. He didn't get to do anything. L came in before that. I was told to head to my room. I guess I was still shocked when I went to bed..." I tell him.

"Well, I'm-" Mello is cut off.

"WE!" Matt yells out.

"Alright! Well, WE are happy to hear that." I smile.

"Thanks, you two. I really miss you guys." I fall on my bed once again. Mello chuckles. It's more echoey, I must be on speaker now.

"You have no idea how much we miss you." I hear Matt.

"You guys have no idea how much I miss you. I hate it here! I thought I would like Japan, you know I'm an anime nerd, but I hate the guys! They are all jerks."

"Good! We don't need you going off with other guys anyways!" Mell mentions. I giggle. These two idiots are the only two guys who can actually make me giggle like an idiot, they are the best.

"(Y/i/n)!" I hear my brother-in-law call to me.

"Yeah!?" I call back.

"Can you come help me!"

"I'M ON THE PHONE, L! GET YOUR WIFE TO HELP YOU!"

"HOW ABOUT I TELL SOMEONE AT HOME TO TAKE THOSE BOY'S PHONES!!!" He threatens.

"I'll be right down!" I quickly change my attitude. "Guys, I have to go. I'll call you either before bed or tomorrow morning, promise." They hum.

"(Y/n), be careful around Light. Please. I don't like him."

"I will, Mell! I love you, tell Matt I love him too."

"LOVE YOU, (y/I/n)!" I hear Matt scream at me. I smile before hanging up. I get on some fresh clothes and run down stairs to the office.

"What you need?" I ask the black haired young adult.

"I would be giving you the day off if I didn't need your help..." he tells me. I nod as if telling him I understand why, and I do. I didn't want to leave my room today. "I need you to hack into the camera in Light's room..."

"Wait, there is a camera? Please to god tell me there isn't one in mine."

"I can't tell you that. Let me just make it clear that I only check it when it is 1:00am to make sure you are in bed. Most of the time you are asleep or Skypeing with Mello and Matt..."

"Just tell me what I'm doing exactly..." I tell him. He nods and opens the page.

"Open up the surveillance footages his room. It's been acting weird, like he's trying to hide something." I nod and do as I'm told.

"(Y/I/n)." Light greets me in the hall. I just finished L's request and was heading back to my room. "Where is L?" He ask.

"The office, why?" I ask, hoping to a shinigami that he is just looking for him.

"So he's not with you?" He coos. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

"No, I'm heading to my room." I tell him before walking passed him.

"I wanted to apologize." I look at him confused. "For my actions last night. I lost control. I'm sorry if I frightened you."

"Good day, Light Yagami." I tell him before heading to my room. I still can't believe L told Mello and Matt about what happened. I mean, yes, I would have told them myself, but even so... I don't want them to worry.... I can't change the fact that, well... they know...