Like Every Other Day

<------------ <---VOTE PLZ, i KNOW YOU GUYS CAN SEE IT. 0_0 iM WATCHING YOU LOL :D

Chapter 1 like Every Other Day

“Hey Lance, you almost ready,” Lance was rushing down the stairs to get his sneakers. He always leaves them by the door when he enters his house. One of his mothers rules, one of many he thought as he reassured Adam and hurriedly laced his sneakers.

Adam laughed at his display, he’d probable laugh every chance he got, knowing this was their daily routine. Lance finished tying them and ran to get his backpack, his cat Mitten following him as he roamed the house. “Adam…can you feed Mitten for me,” Adam smiled going to the fridge and grabbing a fancy feast. He opened it spooning it into her bowl, and like magic, Mitten came running meowing her thanks before planting her face into the bowls contents.“You’re welcome Mitten, hopefully Lance hurries before we’re late for school again,” he smiled petting her head. Lance came down stairs, finally ready to leave, “Ok I think I have everything.” “I swear, you need to prepare all this at night so this process is a little faster in the morning.”

“Shut up, I do my best, I don’t even feel like going today, its Friday why don’t we ditch.” He said with a huge grin. Adam smiled at the thought, grabbing his friend and leading him out the door. “Even if we did ditch school today, where would we go Lance,” He wondered for a moment before answering.

“The mall, arcade, even the cemetery would be more exciting than school.” They both laughed at the statement before jumping into Adams car. The mustang was a royal blue, and it had new detailing done since the last time Lance saw it. Adam loved restoring old cars; he restored the mustang two years ago, and now was working on a new project.

“So, if you hate showing up at school so late, why offer to take me to school every morning?” Adam smiled showing his pearly white teeth, “I wait because you provide the gas money dude.” They laughed together before Adam started the roaring engine and skirted off.  The fall season was almost in, Lance watched the trees as they road pass.

The leaves were all turning an orangey and yellowish color, with some light brown leaves blanketing the ground.  Each tree they passed, not one looked the same to Lance, “It’s almost October,” He said looking at Adam

“Yeah, so what,”

“So…what are you gonna do for Halloween this year.”

“I don’t know, we’re too old for trick or treating, and I don’t feel like going to that stupid Halloween party at school.” “ I might just stay in, watch some horror films or something, why do you ask, you have something in mind?”

Lance looked relieved he asked, and smiled at him, looking very sinister. “I might have, it’s also Samhain, so the veil between the worlds will be lifted temporarily for a while.” “I  know you dont believe, but I thought maybe we could go to the cemetery leave some things for your dad, and my grams.” “Maybe even talk to them,” “Lance you know how I feel about that stuff and I hated my father, why would I leave him anything except a curse word or two.”

Lance did know how bad Adam’s dad and his relationship was, but his father was dead now. He had to let go of that grudge, His mind took him back, he and Adam were in Adams room, playing video games like any other boys. Lance scored and started to jump all over, he ended up falling on Adam, one thing lead to other and they both were kissing. Adams dad came in, drunk like always, he started yelling, and hitting Adam, throwing Lance out. All Lance remembers is Adams dad punching him in the face before the door closed completely. After that, he never was allowed over again, unless Adams dad was out getting drunk. Adams mom always says she knew, and she loves him either way, but his dad cant find out about it. It hurt him so bad, he buries it inside, actting all macho and what not. Lance knows he loves him, but he wont force him to show it.