Starvation

It's been two hours and I have finally decided that I want to go outside and get more food.
I can't stay here, I feel trapped and tired.
Food is love.
Food is life.
Gotta go risk myself for it someday, right? That day might as well be today.

I think it's ok to go outside, I doubt that guy would still be hanging around here.

Ok then, Let's head off.

I open the door and slowly step out onto the soft white snow. I close it behind me and begin walking past the scenery.

A small, frozen lake lies in my vision.

Good gravy. I pity the fish that got stuck in there.

I heard that the sun takes about 8 minutes to reach to the earth. Why is it taking so long to get here? Geez this place is cold, I should move to a sunnier land. Iceberg Isle.. What a cold name. The perfect name for a place like this.

I think as I stroll along the path.

I suddenly hear a small sound, the sound of snow forming the shape of footprints. The sound of boots trudging along in the distance all around me.

I take a look around to see nothing but small hills of ice and snow piled up in my  view.

Alert, I run to the top of one so I can see my surroundings.

A hill, a building,, a lake.. Snow.. Another hill..More snow..snow..snow.. Is there anything in this place other than snow???

Crossing my arms, I take another step, only to be tackled behind by the strong force of a rough being.

"Ah- hey!"
I struggle as I'm pinned.

"Stay down and shut it."
A feminine voice appears from behind me.

My face freezes slowly as the coldness of the tiny shards of ice and snow consume me.
She keeps me suffocated in the snow for a few seconds before releasing me.

"Ok what the hell-"
I dust myself off before turning around to see two soulless dark eyes with tiny white pupils in them on the body of a snug polar bear woman.

Is she intimidating? Yes.
Should I be scared? Probably.

"My apologies for that. But it's really your own fault. You shouldn't be walking out in this area without someone while there are idiotic killers in this place."
She crosses her arms.

"I.... Who are you?"
I ask cluelessly.

"I'm Rocma. Who are you? I haven't ever seen someone like you here before."

"Oh. I'm (Name).. "

"(Name).. I don't recognise you."

Embarrassed to say that I'm a hermit when it comes to socialising, I lie and say that I got here a month ago on a boat.

"A boat? Well..Ok. Where are you staying?"

I put a finger to my chin, scanning the area, I point to the direction I came from.

"There."
I say.

"There?"
She says in a certain tone.

"Huh? What's wrong with there?"

"Hm.. You live in the Danger Orca Zone."

The danger orca zone? This doesn't sound good.

"That place isn't safe. You know that right?"
She blinks.

I slowly shake my head.
"No, I didn't know that."

".. You don't look dangerous. You don't seem like the type of destructive person."
She describes me.

"... Have you ever been to the village?"
She asks.

"Ah. No."
I reply.

"... Good people live there. I bet they'd like you."
She turns around and begins walking downhill.

"Let's go."
She casually beckons me.

"Huh? Go where?"

She turns around to me with her black eyes staring right into my soul. No emotion at all, just death stares.

"The village."
She says calmly, making me let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

The village? Why haven't I seen or heard about this place? Why should I follow this 'Rocma' bear anyways?

Did you even see her eyes?? We should definitely try not to piss this woman off.

Who cares?? I'm hungry!!

"Hey are you coming ? Or should just I leave you here to get eaten?"

"Ahh! I'm coming! I'm coming!"
I jog along to catch up to her.

You never listen to me. This woman isn't even scary.
This woman is definitely scary! I almost shat myself! It felt like her eyes were going to hypnotise me!
What a pussy!
Hey who was the one that immediately told me to run home after meeting that shady person huh? You were screaming like a shrimp.
Have you even heard a shrimp scream?
Don't avoid my question!

"Hey, and for before, I tackled you because I saw someone,"
Rocma speaks, cutting off my conversation with my brain.

"I saw someone dangerous, and you didn't look like a very strong person. So I had to hide you for a moment, until they were out of sight."

Oh yeah, I never got to question her about that.

"Uh, Thank you Rocma. Though I'm not sure about the weak part, I'm thankful."
I trudge along in her steps.

"It's nothing, I just really hate the people around here,"

I gulp.

"Well, a person."
She says quietly.

Was that a second gulp? Yeah that was a second gulp.

So.. We're going to the main village?

Yes,

we're going to the main village.