Chapter two: The flying grape.

2

2.

We have already arrived at Canada and I'm already installed in my new hotel room. The filming in here won't be starting for another three days so we all booked rooms in the same hotel, near from the set location. I'm dead tired. The flight didn't take that long, but that was enough to leave me knackered. I'm laying on my bed like a starfish, staring lazily at the ceiling. My mind goes back to the jet when I found out about Jared's snap of me. Fuck, I didn't even know he was there! Right now I'm hating him for being so mysterious and antisocial, he's like a a cat. So sneakily smart.

I remember me turning around and throwing a pillow in his direction. He just laughed. He didn't say or do anything else. But what it surprised me was, that it wasn't his Joker laugh. It was his laugh, like, Jared Leto's actual laugh. Gotta admit it, it was... Endearing. I never had the privilege to hear it in person before, and now I was kind of  stunned. I wish he would laugh like that when we work together and-... Wait, what.

I blink a couple of times, coming back to reality. I'm such a loser, I don't even know why I think about stuff like this. It's rubbish! I don't care if Jared Leto laughs like a squirrel or like a maniac, it's not my problem. My stomach growls, interrupting the nonsense in my mind and letting me know that it's time for me to eat something before I end up passing out. I look at my surroundings, trying to make a decision. I hate decisions, even when it comes to decide what I should eat. I am just so bad at it... I bit my lip, I'm tired but I'm bored as hell. I should call Cara and invite her over to have a girls night... But I actually don't want to.

God... I'm too lazy to even move from this spot.

I end up calling room service and ordering food for like seven people. Little do they know this breadstick is about to eat all that feast by herself.

•••

I wake up the next morning feeling very energetic. I take a shower, brush my teeth and then I dress up in some comfortable clothes. I have big plans for today!

Not really.

Actually, I have none. But I'm planning on doing whatever, I just want to leave this room and do something productive after all I ate last night was pure junk. I felt like a pig afterwards, lying in a bed full of leftovers. I search for my phone, not remembering where I put it before I went to bed. When I find it, I remember that I have friends, a mum, and a boyfriend, because when I look at my screen all I see is a bunch of texts and missed calls. I sigh. Is it bad that I don't feel like talking to anyone today? Still, I answer a few texts letting them know that I'm alive.

Tom: good morning baby

A text from Tom arrives a few minutes after I answer him one from last night. I smile.

From me: Hi my love!! How are you? I miss you :(

Tom: good. Hey margot i need to talk to you about smnthn is this a bad moment ?

A few seconds after I write him that it's not a bad moment for us to have a normal call, I hear my phone ringing in my hand. I squeak, happy that I'm finally able to speak to him without any sort of disturb. "Hi, baby!"

"Hey, darling." He plainly answers. I frown, somethings off.

"Tom... What's the matter?"

"Nothing, baby. I just... I just miss you, a lot." My expression softens and my heart warms up. I miss him too.

"I miss you, too. I love-"

"Margot, listen, there's something I need to tell you," He abruptly interrupts me and I'm left gaping, confused. Then I get it. He can't come to Canada this time either, can he?

Of course not.

My mouth feels bitter as I grit my teeth, "You're not coming to Canada either, are you?"

I'm greeted with silence at first, then he sighs and I can almost feel him shaking his head as he speaks, "No, I can't this time. But listen, baby, there's a good reason why, and I promise I'll make it u-"

"Of course, you'll make it up to me just like like you have for the last two months," I let out a dry, bitter laugh. "You know what? Whatever Tom. Do whatever the fuck you want, I'm done."

"Margot, wait-" I don't let him finish, I end the call immediately.

By the time the clock strikes six in the afternoon, I'm sitting on the floor, hugging my knees with my chin resting on them. I'm in the hotel room's balcony. My gaze is lost in the beautiful mix of orange, pink, and yellowish tones of the breathtaking Canadian sunset and my mind feels... empty, I'm in peace. It's been a busy week and month for me. I've been doing lots of stuff lately and it feels so nice to have a moment just for myself, to think, to... Breathe. Even though I feel kinda heartbroken right now. I can't believe I just ended my relationship with Tom that way. He has tried to call me back. He has texted me like a thousand of times, but I ended up turning my phone off. I need time to cool off, maybe later I could call him and tell him that we just need some time... To think about, well, things. I'm just so tired... Our relationship hasn't been like it used to be at the beginning, or at least like it was a couple of months ago, when I had a break for a whole month. We were so happy back then, he was sweet and caring. He treated me so well. But now I feel him distant, cold even.

I'm roughly drawn out of my thoughts all of a sudden when I feel something hit my arm. I jump in my seat, gasping in a mix of horror and surprise. I look to my right when I hear a soft chuckle coming from the other balcony next to mine, and then I'm left stunned. Jared Leto is standing there, with a bunch of grapes in one of his big hands, eating them only like a greek god would. The sun radiates in his olive skin as if its only purpose is to make him shine bright. I narrow my eyes in his direction and then I return my gaze to where it was before I was rudely interrupted by Mr. Mystery. I'm gonna ignore him just like he has ignored me for the past two months.

Wow, Margot. Because that's so mature of you. The reasonable part of my brain gives an unwanted opinion and I roll my eyes at my own self.

But then, not even three seconds later, I'm being hit by a grape again, this time it hits my nose and I yelp. "Okay, what the hell is your problem, Leto?!" I snap, yelling from my side of the balcony as I am now facing him.

I can see a smirk forming on his rosy lips as he puts a grape on his mouth, from where I'm now standing. He gives me this one look and I stiffen.

"Why so serious, hm Robbie?" He says. His voice sounds raspy and amused, and I have to take a deep breath to calm myself down until I can finally comprehend what's happening here.

Of course. This is not Jared. This is The Joker.

+++A/N+++
I'd like to dedicate this chapter to margotxjaredleto for being so sweet to me regardless this fanfic! Plus their fics are awesome and I love them!!

Guys I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK! It means a lot! I'm so so excited with this fic and I'm glad you're liking it so far! :D I'm really unsure about this chapter but well... I'm still trying to figure out where I really want to get with this fic so I hope you're not too disappointed by it! I promise better chapters are coming really soon.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! It makes me so happy! 💜💚