Chapter 12: Something about you

I wake up to the morning sun shining in, streaks of light spread across the duvet cover. Never has the Skyline of Los Angeles
Seemed so surreal through a glass window.

I stare at Chaerin who's still fast asleep before my eyes.
Her resting face is so pure and innocent. My fingers reach out to brush her nose gently,she twitches it.
I smile dreamily, her beautifully toned body outlines the bed
sheet.
" I can feel your stare you know."
Chaerin suddenly blurts out, My eyes open widely as I move away.
Chaerin chuckles, her chest rising and falling with each breath.
" I was just... admiring you." I confess awkwardly.
" That's alright, I give you permission to do so." She replies,
slightly bearing her teeth when she smiles.
I nod simultaneously,
" We're together after all."
My heart skips a beat,
" Together? You mean in a relationship?" I ask dumbfoundly, when Chaerin sits up her hair falls gracefully across her bare shoulder .

" Yes, don't you think it's only right?" We look into each others eyes before I pull away my gaze.

" Uhm..." I mumble, lacing the sheets with my finger tips.
Chaerin moves over to me so that our faces are inches apart, feeling like I might just melt from her presence.

" What's wrong?" She asks,

What was wrong with me? I've never felt this way...my heart beat quickly paces whenever Chaerin is near, my palms become sweaty and the colour of my cheeks always turn a slight pink from embarrassment.

I'm deeply and madly in love, that's whats wrong.

I sigh loudly and fall back into Chaerin's arms, she collapses on the bed startled with my head placed just below her chin.

" Wha-what are you doing?" She chuckles astonishingly.
" Your comfy," I say, not daring to move away from her.
" Okay so i'm your pillow now?"
Her soft fingers play with my fringe delicately.
"Mhmm." I say and grab her finger - biting it in a playful manner, she yelps humorously.
" Ow! I'll get you for that!" Chaerin tumbles over onto the left side of the bed dragging me with her.
We look at each other for a moment which felt like eternity.
Until I poke my tongue out at her and she pushes me away.
Giggles manifest from both of us as Chaerin thrashes me with a pillow, excitedly I grab one to defend myself.

The hotel room is filled with our uncontrollable laughter, It's so exhilarating.
" Room Service!" A knock sounds at the door, Chaerin and I pause amongst our pillow fight and we exchange beaming glances.
" Food!" We yell in unison.

After immersing ourselves in an amazing breakfast banquet for two, Chaerin smiles at me, the
detail of her beautiful brown eyes
light up the room.

" What would you like to do today?, we're in LA so let's go have some fun!" I say clapping my hands in joy.

" Great Idea! Let's go and enjoy
the day." Chaerin grabs my hand enthusiastically and pulls me out of my chair, we ponder for our shoes and I grab a denim jacket that was hanging on the closet
door.

The vibration of the car fuzzes
Against my shoulders, my jacket only covers 3/4 of bare skin.
Driving down the Boulevard at a high speed may be dangerous but we're having fun.

Chaerin accelerates the clutch,
I close my eyes mesmerized by the early autumn warmth followed by my hair swirling freely in the breeze.

The Lamborghini swerves around the bend, it's like a scene in a typical teenage movie.
" Wooo!!" I shriek happily with my hands raising outwards to catch the air. Chaerin laughs at me, and yells too.

Chaerin parks the car on a step ridge and we walk down a path to the beach. My toes hit the sand extreme heat flushes my skin,
" Oh My Gosh!" I cry out, Chaerin turns around for me to hop on her back, I wrap my arms around her neck and she runs out to the waters edge.
Splashes from her feet soak my legs, " Ah!" I scrunch my eyes shut, Chaerin places me down lightly.
" The water is so nice." She says whilst tying her hair up in a pony tail, her tan and slim figure glows in the sun.
I can't help but grin, This amazing woman Is who I can call my own.
Without warning a wave of water runs up behind me and topples over my height,
"Sandara!!" Chaerin yells and rushes towards me her face straining with fear.

My body floats miraculously with the weight of the denim jacket.
I can no longer see Chaerin's face amongst the waves that have engulfed me.
It's strangely soothing...I don't try to take a breath let alone rush to the surface, to die knowing that I loved Chaerin would be just fine with me.
Bubbles begin to escape from my parted lips, I drift from conciousness as I sink farther down, I'm unaware that a hand pushes through the water and grabs my jacket, hoisting me back up.
My face breaks free of the water, my lungs gasping for air.
I collapse into a tight grip that's hauling me ashore.

My chest shudders as i'm plopped onto the wet sand,
I can feel my sight returning from a blur to clear as day.
Chaerin's angelic face is greeted with mine, her lip is trembling and soft tears trickle down her face, I hold her cheek and brush away the tears, smiling at her.
She holds my hand up to her face and grins in relief.
" I thought I lost you." She cries, I sit up and hug her tightly,
" You'll never lose me, ever." I say a tear trickles down my face as I squint my eyes shut.