Chapter Fourteen: Interview

Darrin Thomas
A Year Later

I buttoned up my black dress shirt and made sure my red tie was straight.

I was on the Jimmy Fallon show tonight. At least I'm getting paid for this shit.

"Why you look nervous?" Vicky asked me and I sighed.

"I just don't feel like doing this interview." I said sounding tired.

I had a game the other day and I put all my hard work in it. I was still kinda tired and I wanted to see my kids.

"Aww come on. You're on television and I'm back here looking cute. I wish I could be on live television and get paid." Vicky vented.

"You act like I don't give you money." I sucked my teeth.

"Boy please. I wanted to make my own money. I can't always depend on you Darrin." She said giving me puppy dog eyes.

I ended up laughing in her face because she looked so funny.

"What's so funny? I-" she was cut off by a lady who came into my dressing room.

"Were ready for you Mr. Thomas."

I nodded my head and stood up. I quickly kissed Vicky on the lips before walking out the room.

****
"So enough about basketball! What's going on with you and this girl?" Jimmy asked and a picture of Vicky and I popped up on the screen.

The crowd ohh at the sight of us. I remember that day. I was taking her on a date to one of the most fanciest restaurants in town. She had on a gold dress and I had a tux to match.

I smiled wide. "That's my girlfriend." I simply said.

"Come on tell us some more."

"We met when she moved next to my house, we were like eight years old. She was my best friend at first and then we drifted apart  and now we're here." I didn't want to give them too many details.

"Don't you have kids too?"

"Aw man you had to bring up my kids. I love my kids to death honestly. The twins are one now, they bad as shit." I said and the audience laughed.

Vicky Parrish

"You did great!" I told Darrin as I took my shirt off.

"Oh really." He said not really paying attention.

I was about to take a shower when Darrin came behind me and started to kiss my neck. I didn't stop him either.

"Wait! I have something for you when I get out the shower." I bit my lip and went into the bathroom.

I was now in a silk see through robe. I had already given myself to Darrin a while back. I entered the room only to see him sleep.

"This nigga."

Authors Note:
I know this is short but this book is on the brink of ending but I will put out a sequel. Vote. Comment.