1

jade's pov 

"Jade!" Emily shrieked 

"Yes?" I asked 

"Can you please put something nice on, moms boyfriend is coming over." Emily pleaded 

"If you insist," I said sitting up

"Thank you," Emily said 

"I don't know why I bother," I said getting up off my bed and going into the closet. I found my comfiest pair of jeans and pulled them on. I paired it with a flowing white tank top and walked out "Happy?" I asked sarcastically walking out. 

"Almost," she said walking into my closet and she grabbed a silver necklace and clasped it around my neck.  

"Did that make a real difference?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Oh yes!" she exclaimed running down the stairs as we heard the door bell.

I groaned but followed her down the stairs. It was finally time to meet her dreaded boyfriend and his kids. 

"Hi i'm Emily." I head Em say loudly. 

"Nice to meet you Emily, I'm John" A deep male voice replied. "  I walked slowly towards the door. I hated this... I don't know why Mom felt like she needed to replace Dad. It had only been a couple years since he passed away and I didn't feel ready to welcome another man into our home. 

"Hi you must be John," I started confidently "I'm Jade" I held out my hand. He placed his hand in mine and gave a soft smile. 

"It's very nice to meet you Jade," he shook my hand with a firm grip. I guess he wasn't to terrible. John was tall at least 6'5, he had salt and pepper and blue green eyes. He would have to do for now. Mom walked around the corner with a smile on her face. 

"Hi John, I see you've met my girls," she stated walking towards John and giving him a hug. "Are the boys coming?" She asked hopefully. John nodded and walked back out the door. 2 minutes later he walked in with 4 very tall boys. The first to enter was the tallest, a little bit shorter than John with black hair and sky blue eyes. He was wearing light wash jeans and a black t- shirt. I'm not gonna lie I was majorly attracted to him. Following him was one of the triplets from my school.... my jaw dropped. There was no way. My mom was dating the dad of the most popular three boys at my school. Jack, Cole and Conner. They were identical with black hair and emerald green eyes. Not only were they popular but they were the best athletes at our school. There was no freaking way that they were standing in my house right now. It had to be a dream. 

"Jade, Emily, these are my boys. My triplets Jack, Cole and Conner and this is Thomas, he's lived with us for a couple years. I believe you go to school with them Jade?"  John said. My heart was thudding in my chest.  

"That would be correct, we haves Spanish together," I replied with a smile. The boys nodded and stood awkwardly together. 

"Please come in, supper is almost ready," Mom said trying to remove the awkward tension in the air. The boys removed their shoes and we all filed into the dinning room.