Ch. 2: Two Years Before

*Claire's POV*

I woke up to the quiet sound alarm of "Glory and Gore" by Lorde, on August 18, 2013, not knowing that that was the day I would never forget, in my entire life. The dim Christmas lights strung around my room illuminated little glows of different colors, welcoming me to the world in the morning. I wiggled my toes under the comforter watching my feet with boredom, nearly forgetting the task at hand.

Sliding out of bed unsteadily, I slipped my feet into my slippers and grabbing my iPhone, tuning the world out with my music. The earbuds took me to a world of my own where I could do whatever I wanted. While I brushed my teeth, I hummed along with Lorde, thinking about the lyrics. I looked at my phone to see the time, noticing the reminder. Auditions were today at 2:00, at Hollywood Studios, about 20 minutes away.

I hopped in the shower, making it quick, practicing my vocal exercises. Then, I curled my hair, sprayed it with hairspray, got my contacts in, and picked out a presentable outfit. I picked out a white tank top featuring cats in a galaxy, a jean jacket-vest, and black-&-white Aztec jeggings. While I walked over to my keyboard and microphone, I slipped my phone in my back pocket, then put the headphones on. I listened and played for a little while when I heard my mom screaming at me from the kitchen.

"Claire! Breakfast is ready!"

I rushed downstairs and hungrily gobbled down the eggs, bacon, and toast my mom had ready for me. I washed it all down with some juice and decided to get the audition of my mind by asking Paige, my best friend, if she wanted to hang out.

"Thanks, Mom," I mumbled as I texted Paige.

Me: heyy girl

Paige: hey! what up

Me: nothin much wanna hang out 2day?

Paige: sorry im busy hb tomorrow?

Me: tomorrow doesn't work sorry gtg ttyl

I groaned and decided to board down the Hollywood Walk of Fame instead.

"Mom! I'm leaving to board, be back by noon!" I yelled.

"Ok honey see you later! Be safe," my mom responded.

I grabbed my board and rode down the street to the Walk of Fame. It was a really good place to shop, tour, and meet cool people, sometimes even celebrities. Once I got there, I started walking and looking at all of the stars. I hoped to one day see my own name there shining in the sun side by side next to Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway.

Then, all of a sudden while I was just minding my own business, a stranger bumped into me. Hard. He knocked me over and I was dazed with what just happened. I looked up at the stranger and saw a hand reaching out.

A kind British accent says "I'm so sorry! Here, lemme help you up."

I grabbed the hand and stood up blinded by the sun, finally getting focus of the face in front of me. He had bright blue eyes, dark brown hair, and had a warm smile on his face. He was pretty cute and looked strangely familiar, but I couldn't quite match anything to his face.

"All right? My name's Asa," the boy awkwardly held his hand out again to shake.

"Oh I'm fine and my name's Claire! Nice to meet you, so uh, what are you doing here, just looking around?" I said as I shook his hand.

"I'm actually running late for an audition a couple miles down the road and my agent is lost in this bloody traffic, so if you don't mind I'd like to get past you and be on my way, but it was nice meeting you," Asa said as he pushed past me in a rush.

I watched Asa run down the street and started to wonder about how I had felt like I'd met him before. Then, I started back home to get prepared for my audition and eat some lunch, after all, it was going to be a long day.

* * *

Hey Asanators!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in like what, ten years?

*ahem*

Anyways, if you want more, you can inbox me or comment or vote or whateva ya feel like!

I'll end up writing more anyhow.

I feel like this story is really boooooring so far, so I'll pick up the pace next time I write too!

Alright, I have to go caress my hamster because it broke its wheel by being too fat.

So I'll talk to y'all laterrrr byeee!

~ Claire