Ch. 1: The Beginning of the End

Intro:

Claire McInerney, a sassy 16 year old born and raised in Los Angeles, California, is forced to move to London when her dad gets a job transfer. Claire is unhappy with their decision to force her to abandon her acting and singing career in LA and move to England where she will have to attend Stoke Newington School to develop more skill in her craft. Suddenly, she meets a well-known actor, Asa Butterfield and dislikes him the moment she sees him. But Asa is quite the charmer. How will Clarissa resist his affections towards her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Beginning of the End

The rain poured down, drenching me with water in the dark, lonely night. I had forgotten an umbrella and it was especially rainy in London that time of year. The street lamps shone bright and made the wet pavement shimmer through the pitiful rain. I stared at my shoes and kicked small pebbles as the water dripped down my face onto the ground. I shivered weakly while sobbing with agony and despair.

The best part about walking in the rain, was that you couldn't tell the difference between the raindrops and the tears. No one could tell how he'd destroyed my heart and promised he would never hurt me, when we were both so desperately in love.

The saddest part was that the only thing protecting my clothes from getting soaked was Asa's jacket on my back. I buried my face inside the jacket and could smell his scent, faintly. The water was washing the jacket; the memories we'd experienced were being taken away from my grasp.

The puddles splashed quietly beneath my cold, drowned shoes as I ran to a nearby bridge to gain protection from the rain. I was freezing, lost, hungry, weeping, and miserable. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I saw two bright headlights of a limousine I had become very familiar with, blinding me that came dangerously close and shut off.

A dark figure emerged from the vehicle, came up to me, and attempted to make eye contact. I tried to wipe away my now visible tears and hide my face by looking at the concrete. He touched my face with his warm hands and lifted my face close to his. His beautiful blue eyes illuminated the darkness and all seemed still as I watched them fill with water and drown out the magnificent glow his striking eyes gave off.

Asa grabbed me and held me close, as he rested his head on mine and kissed the top of it, with his height advantage. My face was so close to his chest and his scent came back. I had missed him so much, and no matter what he had done to me, I couldn't be upset with him, because at that moment, I was finally happy. I put my arms around him and held him tight.

"I love you, Bear," he whispered in my ear.

And all of a sudden, I fell in love with him all over again.

"I love you, too, Butterfly," I looked up into his stunning eyes and whispered back.

A million memories flashed through my mind. Of us together. The happy days when love was young and we were blind. How did it all go to bloody hell so quickly? Did it even matter? I didn't want to make the same mistake twice. It was my fault, wasn't it?

"Asa-"

"Shhh," Asa pushed me away for a moment with his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes, "don't speak."

He pulled me back in and my face was enveloped in our mutual love. I pushed him back away from me and looked up at him, tears traveling down my face. He saw the pain in my eyes and as I tried desperately to run away from the past, he grabbed my hand and refused to let go. Asa held my face in his hands as I sobbed and he wiped the tears away from my red cheeks with his gloved fingers.

"It's never over, Claire. You can't run and hide from me for the rest of your life; love is forever, right?" Asa looked at me with a pleading expression of remorse and longing for my affections once again.

"Love is forever..." I muttered under my breath.

Memories flashed through my head. Our first date. The smell of morning dew, a beautiful spring meadow full of flowers, the feeling of his hand in mine as we lay on a soft blanket, watching the clouds roll by, thinking that "love is forever".

Asa gently kissed my forehead with the utmost care. I stood on the tip of my toes to reach, until my lips touched his and he passionately kissed me, us both remembering what love was and how it brought us together once before. A fire of seething love and wanting only for Asa for all of time burned wildly inside of my soul as the tears stopped rolling off of my rosy cheeks and Asa smiled for the first time in a while. Seeing his amazing smile and his familiar sky-blue eyes and hearing his voice and having him in my presence again, was just, well, the end of our beginning.

At that moment, I knew that the only thing I wanted, no, needed, was Asa Butterfield, my one and only Butterfly.

* * *

Two Years Before

???

Any reads? Read for more!

Feedback? Comment or Inbox Me!

Want more? Comment or Inbox Me!

Vote, Comment, Share, and Follow!

Thanks everyone :3

-Meh :*