I'm Falling

I always feel like I'm falling.
Deeper, and deeper into a pit of darkness. I never think these type of things would happen to me, I've always listened, I'm basically that one quiet kid that no one notices.
But, it's not so bad. Yeah, I don't have any friends but who cares.
I've always been independent anyways and still got work done.

And, my anxiety and insecurity doesn't help either.
Oh well.
New day, at a new school. *sigh*

"Bye mom, I'll be home around five or 4.," I said walking out the door.
"Bye, have a good day!" She said screaming as I walked out.

Ugh, at least my mom isn't one of those moms that constantly worries about the smallest things.. Oh well.
At least we live pretty close to the school too so she won't go through the trouble driving me.
"Hey there!"
Did someone call me?
"Hey there bud!," A random kid yelled at me.
"Oh, hey there.."
"I haven't seen you around so, you're new aren't you?"
"Oh, yeah."
Jeez, is this kid just going to keep questioning me..
"Sorry, I feel like I'm bothering you."
"Oh, no you're not."
I guess he noticed?
"Uh, my name's Jack.," He said awkwardly.
"I'm Joseph."
"Well, I'll see you around, Joseph.," He said walking to class.
Oh, I didn't even notice that we got here already. Well, off I go. I guess..

The day passed by pretty quickly, it's barely 2:48, I guess I could go to the park or something? I just don't want to go home, anywhere but there. I'm surrounded by too much negativity at home, my mom constantly getting in arguments with me for the smallest things. That's why I don't tell her where I go most of the time.
"Shit."
Haha, me.
Wait, who said that?
"Oh, hey there Jack."
"Oh, hey."
"Did you fall or something?"
"Oh, you noticed. Yeah, I'm trying to get more used to skateboarding."
"I can give you a few pointers."
"If you don't mind."
"You have to keep your balance, get in a position you're more comfortable in, and don't worry about falling or you'll fall."
"How does that work?"
"You'll make yourself worry and end up falling."
"Oh, I guess that makes sense?"
"Yeah, now try to do that. And if you feel like you'll fall off just get off before falling."
"Alright."
Honestly skateboarding isn't hard, I taught myself with all the spare time when I was homeschooled. Then again my mom got annoyed when I didn't do the homework they gave me but, oh well.
It's barely 3:24, hm. Maybe I could hang out with Jack?
Woah, me trying to socialize ok. With my awkward ass.
"Hey, Joseph?"
"Hm? Oh, y-yeah?"
Shit, he surprised me a little. I guess I was lost in thought yet again.
"Wanna go get something to eat and hang out for a bit or something?"
"Oh, yeah sure."
Jeez why are you so awkward, is this really so hard for you?!

"I'm so full. You barely ate anything, are you ok...?"
Crap, it feels so weird being around Jack. I feel nervous as hell..
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wasn't that hungry."
"Well, if you say so."
"Yeah, oh, it's only 4:45."
"Do you have to go home already or something?"
"No, as a matter of fact I don't want to go home right now, I don't really like being at home."
"Oh. Oh, hey wanna go to the arcade? You can show me your dance skills there."
"Dance skills? Oh, I can dance. I just don't like dancing in front of others."
Dancing? I admit I like dancing but not in front of others, or anyone..
"Just imagine no one's there, see if that'll help."
"Huh, alright."

(Let me know what you guys think so far, I'd like to hear what you guys think. .w.)