Chapter 3: School

I woke to something scratching against my face. It felt like really sharp claws. I slowly opened one eye to see nothing.
I guess it's just paranoia getting the best of me. I turned on the lamp on my bedside table and walked to my closet. Damn it was cold.
I looked though all my clothes. Of course, nothing to wear.
Oh well sweat pants it is. And a sweater. I went to the bathroom and changed. When I went back to my room to pick out a SnapBack, I could see in the corner of my eye a shadow. "Stop it Maria! Just ur imagination." I told myself. But I saw it.
I decided on a Vans SnapBack. Well, this outfit is ok. I'm rocking that positive vibes sweat pants thou.
I walked into the kitchen and noticed my mom still asleep. I noticed Vodka sitting on the counter. Great, mum probably has a has a hangover. I packed a lunch and made breakfast.
Bang! Bang!
WTF was that. It came from the basement door. Really, why the basement. No way in hell I'm checking that out.
6:05 was the time. I got my book bag and walked to the bus stop where I saw Chloe and Liam (Chloe's brother). "Hey Chloe. Hey Liam." I said to both of them. It was weird. They looked so much alike even thou Chloe was 2 years younger. (Chloe and I are 14.)
"Hey Maria." Chloe and Liam said together. "Theres the bus." I said.
Me and Chloe sat in our regular seats.
"Ok, what happened that you want to tell me?"
"My mum told me go get trash bags in the basement. And I went down there and I felt something watching me.. and I made a run for the stairs then something dragged me back. And I woke back up, I saw something and the corner of the basement and I ran and made it up."
"Wow." Chloe said with a shocked face.
"Do you believe me?"
Chloe nodded.
We didn't talk the rest of the way to school. When we entered the school, I saw Eli (my crush) hanging out with Jacob (Chloe's boyfriend)
Me and Chloe sat down at a table and started talking again. Chloe wanted to go and talk to Eli. I didn't want to, but Chloe forced me to. She walked over to Jacob with me on her side. "Hey Jacob." Me and Chloe said. Jacob was one of my closest guy friend. "Hi Eli." I said nervously. "Hey Maria." Eli said.
Eli was much taller than me, well maybe because I'm short, but he towers over me.
Chloe breaks the silence, "So u guys wanna sit down?"
"Sure." Both of the boys say. We sit down and Chloe starts the conversation. "So-" Chloe got cut of by the bell.
"Bye!" We all say to each another.