Chapter 5: The Sleepover

Chloe got on the bus with me and handed the bus driver her slip to go to my house. We talked and got on our phones the bus ride to my house.
I got my keys out and unlocked the door. I opened the door and we sat on the couch and watched t.v for a little while.
I told Chloe about the banging this morning and she said we should check it out. I felt safer with her coming with me.
"Are you sure we should go down there?" I asked her.
"Yeah. We'll be fine." She assured me.
We walked to the basement door and turned on the light. We walked down the stairs and it felt very eerie. I told her to go and grab a flashlight, and she did.
That left me alone in the dark.
"Maria, are you ok down there?" Chloe yelled from the kitchen.
"Yeah. Just hurry up." I yelled.
I saw her with the flashlight coming down the stairs. I was scared of what might be lurking in the darkness of the basement.
She turned on the flashlight and looked around.
"Omg! What is that?!" Chloe shouted.
"What!!!" I said scared.
"Haha! There's nothing." Chloe said jokingly.
"Really Chloe, really Chloe." I said not amused.
We looked all around the basement and found nothing.
I remembered how we had a installation room in the corner. Chloe and I walked over to installation room and opened the door Chloe screamed and before I could see what was in there I was grabbed by wrist and pulled up the stairs by Chloe.

Chloe's P.O.V
I looked in the installation room with Maria beside me. I looked hard into the room and I saw something run at me and it did not look human. It looked like a humanoid or a creature of some kind.
As soon as I saw it I grabbed Maria and ran up the stairs. I closed the basement door and Maria and I sat down out of breath.

Maria's P.O.V
"What happened!!!!" I shouted at Chloe after we got to the kitchen and down.
"I don't know it came at me and-d-d" Chloe started to studder.
"It's ok, calm down, let's go to the living room and relax and talk." I said as calmly as I could.
We made it to couch and sat down.
"Where is your mom?" Chloe broke the silence.
"Omg. I don't know!" I shouted.
"It's ok, she probably went out, just call her, and see what she's doing."
I pulled out my phone and called my mom.
No answer. Again. No answer. Again. Somebody picked up. I put the phone on speaker. We heard heavy breathing on the other end.
"Maria, help..." My voice trailed off and the phone was hung up.
"Chloe, what just happened?"