one

_______________________________________

The heels of my feet hurt. But I don't stop.

"The results will be here very soon. No need to do that. You'll end up denting the wood."

Her face yields no emotion whatsoever.

"What exactly am I being tested for?" I murmur, my feet continuously banging against the hard metal.

Even after her plea for quiet, I still cant seem to stop.

There's a long silence. The nurse turns to me with wide, glazed over eyes.

Pity.

I can recognize it by the crease that forms in between her eyebrows; by the frown threatening the corners of her mouth; by her reddening cheeks. The emotion is filling the room, suffocating me. It feels like an itch that won't go away. I have the urge to pull the scratchy blanket at the edge of this cold examination table over my head.

"The doctor will be here shortly," she finally mumbles. I watch her fiddle around, pulling out documents from a drawer; ripping plastic off a new utensil.

"What's your name?" I ask, attempting to start over. I follow her eyes to my now curled up legs. I shoot her my biggest, brightest smile. Her lips twist up slightly, but they don't match the sadness overpowering her grey eyes.

"Debby."

Debby turns away swiftly, and I realize this is her way of telling me that our conversation has ended.

*******

My breath hitches in my throat. My eyes are wet now, like puddles beginning to form as a rainfall picks up speed. I'm not going to cry. I won't let myself.

The doctor isn't very tall, but as he stands over me I feel as though I'm the smallest person in the world. He hands me a sheet; bound to be filled with information about things I have no intention of comprehending, and probably never will.

"I'll call in your mother, with your consent of course." He says this, yet goes ahead and beckons for her without giving me a chance to reply.

The room feels hotter now; so hot that I jump out of my seat and push open the nearby window with a force I never knew I acquired.

And then I stare at the rectangular-shaped door, and wonder why doors always look the same.

And then I push it open, and walk out.

I push past the weary-eyed men and women; I cross paths with the lady taking phone calls. She doesn't look up. I watch my mother stumble into the room I had just rushed from; I move quicker.
My first thought is that someone will stop me; tell me to go back and face my newfound truth.

But then I realize that no one sees me.

Yes, people are looking as I pass by, but they can't truly see what's inside. There isn't anything about me that is special. There are people in tears, people laughing, people who appear to be all alone in this world. But in the end, we're all the same.

Just another face lost in a crowd of strangers.

A/N: hehe HURRAY!!!:D so here is chapter oneeee! I really hope you enjoyed it, I'd be so happy to hear if you had any suggestions or comments or what not! thank you so so much for reading this, the fact that you are means the world:')
question: do you think you have an idea of what's going on with Giselle? (she's the narrator and main character:D) and where is she?!;)

i know this is quite short, but i hope to write some super long chapters next ,with more info and backstories of the other characters:D!!!!
once again thank you! I really hope you liked it!!!
xoxo tee:D
P.S: this story will switch from point of views, just to make it interesting!!!