Chap.5- I totally would have some ice cream

Luke's POV

"Luke!" I hear Amanda Hetchmen call me. Her heels click along the sidewalk causing me to wince with every step I hear.

"H-hey," I say. "Are you excited?"

"Duh." She wraps her arm around mine. "Whose that girl by the way?"

My heart stops. "Uh who?"

"The dark haired one?" She asks. "The one at the party you talked to."

"Ohh." I rub my neck glancing away. "Oh Isabel is just a friend."

She grabs my hand, jolting me to a stop. "Luke." Her voice is ice cold as she traces her finger on the outline of my arm. "Are you sure?"

I smile softly, nodding slightly. "I'm sure," She giggles kissing me on the cheek.

"Okay, Lukey," she whispers. "I-I just I-" Her eyes focus onto the ground, her expression plain.

"Amanda," I breath, smelling her sweet strawberry scent she always carries mixed with soap reminding me also of bubbles. "I understand," She smiles sweetly, reaching up to kiss me on the lips making me forget all my worries and remember who exactly she is.

But moments only last so long.
-~-

She moves her waist to the music, I trying to get in tune with her. She gives me a flashing smile. I give her a crooked one in turn.

Times like these are the best. I can forgive. But it's not so easy to forget.

"Manda?" I recall my voice ask. "You ok? You haven't answered my calls..."

"So what? You think I'm going out to clubs every night dancing with other guys?" Her voice had little patience to it. But I had yet to realize I had to be the one with patience from that moment on.

I shake my head from the memory, even though it was only a couple months ago it felt so long ago compared to this moment right now. Where my girlfriend was laughing, having fun, not a care in the world. It seemed so long...

"Luke?" She whispers. "Can we...can we go outside?"

I nod, placing my hand in her's as we walk into the backyard, the landscape full of flowers and sculpted srubs.

We take a seat on the bench and I focus my attention to her.

"Listen...I...i know I sound jealous but it's just... my last boyfriend he...he cheated on me..."

"Amanda..." I pause. "I know. I know. But I'm not gonna be like Jace." His name sounds taboo coming from my mouth.

Tears start to form at the edges of her eyes. Her beautiful, beautiful brown eyes that she hate, that I love.

"How...how do I know that...Luke...?" She struggles for words as she normally does when she has to talk about something serious.

"You are getting better. That's good, Manda. And why would I leave you for something like that? What kind of boyfriend would I be?" I give her a supportive smile and slightly squeeze her hand.

"I have my bad days?" Amanda squeaks out like a question. I embrace her in a hug, whispering softly to her as my mother used to do to me. Used to.

Instead of remembering I just pull her in, closer to me. I can feel her quietly murmuring I love you and Thank you.

After a couple of minutes I decide we should leave. "Come on. Get up, lazy." I order Amanda. She tucks a curl of reddish brown hair behind her ear and gives me a small smile and playful punch.

"Says the guy who will play Mario cart instead of going on a run with his girlfriend." She rolls her eyes and pulls my hand into her's. "Now where ya taking me?"

"I was thinking we could ice cream."

She laughs. "Typical Lukey. Ice cream at 11:00 at night."

"Well why not? And that was just one time at Baskin Robbins!" I protest. She giggles softly as we wander through the party and I wink at one guy, who happened to be on the soccer team I just didn't remember his name to be honest.

Once we got out the door I immediately regret not asking Amanda to record how many blocks down we were. Guess we were just gonna have to figure that out ourselves now.

Luckily my Mustang wasn't too far down. If you consider 8 blocks far. Which being a soccer player and continuously having to do miles as drills was kind of routine for me.

We also luckily found a Baskin Robbins open. As soon as I step inside I regret requesting it immediately because of the cold but Amanda's smile for pistachio would've had me walk through a blizzard for all that matter. I decide on mint chocolate chip because again why not?

We walk out to where an array of tables are aligned with their chairs, almost all of them in sequence with one another.

We sit down, quiet at first, and then the conversation picks up.

"I wish I wasn't like this."

Wait what?

"Like what?" I ask, though I have a big hint to what she's getting at.

She glances up at the sky, like she's trying to change the topic by getting lost in the stars but she comes right back down to me. "I wish I wasn't born with it."

With it. It. It. It.

"I know." Is all I can muster up to say. I look at her, those eyes looking slightly defeated. And I kiss her for all she's worth.
-~-

Yayayyayy!!! Ok so I'm finally back for real his time. So I needed a huge break from writing and I'd thought I would start back slowly and I decided to switch things up a bit. So I want to branch off this to a new story but I'm gonna try to get through this one first. Hopefully no one's given up on me?

I'm so so happy because I'm on spring break and I needed this like so badly. I'm going to write as much as I can then when I get back to school I'll still update but not as much. Some of my stories I might be un-publishing because I wanna re-do them or I'm not really feeling up to writing them and I don't want them to just sit there.

Whoops this is kinda short but :D

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

My email- articwolf312@gmail.com
My insta- @ xo.hheather