Chapter 1

As they fell, Sebastian couldn't help but feel a bit excited. What will he say, when he realizes its all big some big play? Some big prank, or charade? The demon chuckled as his feet hit the pavement. "What's so funny?" Ciel asked, hopping down out of Sebastian's arms.

"Oh... nothing." Sebastian grinned, humming softly and brushing some of the ex-earls navy hair back. "You clean up nicely, my lord." He laughed again, a soft sound disrupting the wind, slightly unhinged in some untouchable way. Ciel took in the sight of his butler, in the form he had been given at birth. It was, well, not nearly as disgusting as Ciel had thought. In hell, he supposed, they must think he's ugly. Because he's absolutely angelic. Black wings with crimson feathers trimming the edges, ruby-orange eyes, looking like hell fire, long black lashes and pale skin. His hair was longer, pooling in the dents of his collar bones and his shoulder blades. His butlers attire was gone, replacing it was a finely made, royal looking crimson and black suit. A golden handled sword was sheathed at his waist, and his shoes were heels, but not as gaudy as he imagined. Just a bit taller than ones Ciel himself had worn to more noble events.

All in all, he was dressed nothing like a servant, and suddenly Ciel felt irked. Sebastian was still a servant, was he not? "Why are you dressed like that?" He asked instead, wanting to be cautious. He did not yet know of the full... rules, of a contract between two demons, and where his boundaries lie. He needs to know the rules to a game before he can play.

"Michael! You have returned. I am glad to see that you are well." A young woman with white hair approached them, and a Ciel realized they were in a park, of some design.

"Anne, it is great to see you again. How is my youngest sister doing?" He replies, smiling broadly at her.

"Well enough, considering you decided to drop your fiancée on me in such short notice. You do realize demon swords are a pain in the arse to meddle with, yes? Made the resurrection much more difficult." She complains, eyeing him and then Ciel in turn.

"It will be repaid, I promise you."

"Fiancée?" Ciel mutters, sounding confused. "Demon sword... Sebastian explain this immediately!"

"Ah, Anne, this is.. a new member of the court. Ciel Phantomhive." Sebastian gestures to the young lord, who's looking more frustrated by the minute.

"Oh, but he's a cute little thing, I can give you that." She giggles. "He will be popular with the girls in the court, at least. Anyways, Faustus is back on his feet. And Hannah's griping again." She beams at him.

"I assume the people in this circle are more towards my favor, again?" He asks, suddenly serious. She nods.

"Don't worry, you're definitely going to end this. After all, I doubt we'd survive another war. We need a smarter king, by now. Fathers gotten senile, in his old age."

"Well twelve millennia will that to you." He replied with a half smile.

"Come along, Ciel. We have to get you a hearing."

"For what?" He replied. "Sebastian, I order you to explain to me what's going on!"

"Now, don't get too excited. Your contracts about to be revoked. You wouldn't want to be on the young princes bad side once it can't protect you anymore." Anne said, smiling condescendingly at him.

"Prince?" He asked, confused.

"I think I should introduce myself. Ciel Phantomive, my name is Michael Sebastian Izlan, Lucifer Izlan's youngest born child." He smirks at him. "My mother is Cain Izlan, an angel yet to fall. My fiancée is Faustus Claude Lucius, the crown prince of the seventh ring of hell. The seventh, and second most powerful ring, has been at war with the eighth, and most powerful ring for two millennia. We met during the first angelic war, created Black Death of the human world, and fell into an emotion rare to demons. Love." Sebastian was grinning broadly, watching Ciel put pieces together only to become more confused.

"He was named after the rarely mentioned angel Michael, angel of war and death. It was just an old legend. There was never an archangel named Michael. But our parents have made the archdemon Michael."

"How did Trancy and I name you with parts of your real name?" Ciel asked, confused.

"When a contract is made, a mental link is formed, and sometimes humans can pick pieces of our names out subconsciously. Then, they use them as if they came up with them themselves." Anne said. Ciel frowned as a great stone structure came into view. A castle. To one side, there was a gallows from which hung three skeletal figures. 'Traitors Forever Be Warned' read the carved runes in the wood structure itself.  When did he learn to read runes? Possibly, it came with his new eyes.

"The three angels which fell into hell with Gods words to guide them, to smite the newly made demons. As they swore an oath to my father before swearing one to god to kill him, they were traitors. Found out and hanged in the third day of their arrival... Lucky, we were, that they were as idiotic as their actions. If they hadn't been, none of this would exist." He said, making a small, discreet gesture with his hands. One that Anne repeated.

"A gesture of our love and loyalty to the realm." Anne explained softly. "You will not have to do it this time. But once you've learned it, make sure to complete the symbol every time you pass by them." Ciel decided not to question this odd ritual, because complying is easier and there's probably a good reason. Sebastian has never struck him as the superstitious type do do something like this in case. And he seemed too serious for it to be folly.

"Here we are." Sebastian said. "Home sweet home..." And there was sarcasm in the phrase that made it feel as though this place would be anything but sweet or homely. It was a grand palace, really. With crimson and gold and mahogany everywhere. In the foyer was a large throne, and on the seat sat a man with white-blond hair and blue eyes. Perched on the armrest was a woman with black hair, ruby red lips and big purple eyes. She wore a masquerade mask seated on her small, impish nose, that was red and black and Ciel wondered why she wore it.

"Ah, my son. Your fiancée is awaiting you. I suggest you take the rest of the night off." The man made a careless wave of his hand, shooing Sebastian away. The young demon-angel hybrid smiled tensely. "You're... friend... will sleep in the guest room of you're wing, until the hearing tomorrow. Ciel realized belatedly as he was ushered away, that this game would not be nearly as fun as the last.