Chapter 3

(Image above is the clothes Emily wears, the woman is NOT Emily, just to clear that up)

Emily's POV

Bright. So very bright. I groan as my eyelids flicker open. All I see is white. Trying to move to sit up, I find myself restricted and held down. Looking around my waist, I see a tanned and strong arm draped over me. I smile and peep over my shoulder and find myself face to face with Darren. My eyes travel over his face, studying him. His defined jawline is covered in a light stubble, his lips are plump and red like the cherries in spring, his eyelashes lightly flutter as he continues to sleep and the small creases in his forehead barely exist.

"Enjoying the view?" He smirks and slowly opens his gorgeous blue eyes. I feel myself turn a bright shade of red. How!? Was he awake this whole time!?

"U-Uh...I...um..I can...uh..." Stuttering certainly isn't helping me right now so I turn my body away from him to hide my embarrassment. I hear him chuckle as he pulls me closer and turns me back to face him.

"Why you turn away, princess?" He pouts, teasing me, "Is my morning breath that bad?" I grin and decide to tease him while I can.

"No. Why would you think that? Ever thought it was because I was checking you out and you caught me? Or that it's because you're so hard to keep my eyes off that I had to stare?" I smirk when I see him go red. He glides his tongue across his lower lip and opens his mouth to speak but no words form.

"Speechless?" I lean in closer so our noses are close to touching. "I'm surprised, Darren. This should be common for you," I run a finger down his chest. "Plus, this is nothing compared to what I can do." Leaving him with a wink, I get up and walk out of my room and into my bathroom.

Where did that come from? Did I just tell him he was hot...? My eyes widen slightly when I realise what I just did. I don't know where that confidence came from and I don't know what I was thinking. Splashing cold water from the sink onto my face, I decide to bless everyone with a nice smelling Emily, and have a shower.

Quarter of an hour later, I jump out of the shower and dry myself. Shit. I just realised I didn't bring any new clothes in with me. Sighing, I peep into my room and smile when I see it's empty. Thank you, Lord. Waltzing into my room, I head straight to my wardrobe and pick out an outfit. I decide on black skinny jeans paired with a white blouse tucked into them. Satisfied with how I look, I walk into my living room and I'm immediately hit with the smell of coffee.

"Morning, Em." He holds a coffee out to me and smiles.

"Morning.." I take the coffee and sit at the breakfast bar. As I sit down, Darren slides a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"Wow...thank you this is great!" I smile brightly. He is so sweet..he made me breakfast and he stayed the night to support me. I owe him, I owe him big time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After an interesting morning, it was time to become serious and head to work. Regardless of my situation with Kelsey, I have to continue as normal and keep a positive frame of mind. However that all flew out the window as soon as I walked through the Bureau's doors. My eyes land on the two whiteboards that have maps, pictures, locations, suspects and the missing victim, Kelsey. The worst part about it, is that my name and picture was under the suspect list. In case you missed that, The Suspect List. I turn to Darren who wasn't far behind me.

"What's going on?" I ask him, confusion laced through my voice. A frown settles upon his face when he notices what I'm talking about.

"I don't know. I'll sort it, don't worry about it." He gives me a reassuring smile and lightly squeezes my shoulder before leaving me standing there alone. Why would anyone think I would fake kidnapping my best friend!?

"Emily!" I turn around and see my boss waving me into his office. Sighing, I make my way over and close the door behind me.

"Yes, Chief?"

"Emily, please, take a seat." He indicates to the seats in front of his desk. Sitting down, I wait for him to speak.

"How have you been holding up?" He asks kindly and I smile softly.

"I've been alright. The best I can be considering the events of yesterday." I reply.

"That's good to hear. Now Emily, as I'm sure you are aware, you are our main suspect at the moment.." I draw a sharp breath and wait for him to continue. "I don't want you to think we don't trust you because you know that isn't true. The only reason you are our main suspect is purely the fact that you were the last one to see her and from the information we have gathered, nobody had a bad word to say about her." I listen carefully and nod. It makes sense I guess, but it still doesn't seem right.

"So are we any closer to finding her?" I ask the question that has been playing on my mind.

"At the moment my answer is no, but I have my best team on it and I will let you know if anything changes. For now, have the next couple days off, relax and chill out the most you can." He offers me a kind smile before giving me a brief hug and dismissing me.

Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey. Where in the world are you?

_________________________________

Hey my lovely readers! I have finally uploaded chapter 3, YAY!!!! I have a question for you guys, do you prefer to picture the characters in your mind through the descriptions, or be given a picture of the character? Hope you are enjoying it so far, please comment and let me know what your answers. Thanks! Love you all!!

Kate xoxo