Yifan

I walked through the big doors and into the library. Library is the only place where I can study in peace. At home there is a new baby in the house, screaming all the time and I seriously needed some time to study.

I walked down the aisles of books and turned left into the department with the history books. I looked at the shelves, searching for the books I needed. I found them and took them to a table and sat down. I put on my glasses and opened the books and started reading.

An hour passed and the door to the library opened again. I looked up, just to take a peek at the person who came inside. A boy walked inside, he was taller than average and absolutely gorgeous. I looked at his walk, how he looked around the library and he flipped his blond hair out of his eyes. And those pink soft-looking lips.

I wonder what it feels like to kiss those lips…

I snapped out of my trance and shook my head. I had no time to think about anything else than my work. I looked down into my books again and concentrated on my work. I wrote down things that were important and read from the books.

After about an hour of working I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and found the boy looking at me.

“Is this seat taken?” he asked as he stood across from me on the other side of the table. I shook my head and he smiled while pulling out the chair and sitting down.

Why did he have to sit down there? How will I be able to work now?

I shook my head again and tried to concentrate. The boy stayed quiet while he read his own books but I couldn’t help myself and look at him from time to time. Around 8 pm I took of my glasses and stretched I let out a yawn and looked around the library. I then closed my books and looked across the table. The blond haired boy was resting his head in his arms against the table, probably asleep. I looked at him for a while.

Should I wake him up? No… but maybe he has somewhere to be?

I put my books in my bag and then threw it over my shoulder. Then I walked over to his side of the table and hesitated before carefully putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Excuse me?” I carefully said, I didn’t know what else to say. I shook his shoulder carefully and he stirred a little.

“Excuse me” I said a little bit louder and continued to shake his shoulder carefully. When he stirred and sat up straighter I drew back my arm and ran away. I ran into an aisle of Sci-fi books and then I looked at him from behind the shelf.

The boy was looking around the library with a confused face. He then looked at the place where I had been sitting and then he looked around himself again. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes before looking down in his book again.

I sighed and walked down to the entrance and left the library.

The next day I went back to the library and sat down at the same table. I started working and was concentrating when the chair in front of me was moved. I looked up and found the same blonde haired boy sitting down on the chair.

He flashed me a smile and I looked down at my books when I felt my cheeks heat up. I sighed and continued writing. We sat there in silence and did our own work, I did my history work and he was reading a book. It was a different one from the day before. I looked closer at the book.

Snow white and the seven dwarfs? Why is he reading a children’s book?

I furrowed my brows but shook it off and continued with my work. Once again I was ready to leave by 8pm and I looked over the boy and once again he was asleep, just the same way as yesterday. I packed my bag and slung it over my shoulder and walked over to his side.