Yifan

I walked with my two friends from my school, we headed towards the mall and went to the shop we three all loved. Not only because of the clothes, but also because of a worker there. He was a tall and handsome guy who was working there on the afternoons.

Min, Jessica and I would always go there to watch him as he worked. We all probably were crushing on him and Jessica told us that she’d make him hers one day. Min and I laughed a little at her words. We knew it would be impossible for us to make someone like him like us.

Jessica still tried. It was rather fun to watch as she tried everything. She would ask him for sizes and he would casually just tell her that the ones they had on display were everything they had at the moment. She even tried to bat her eyelashes while talking to him or asking him for advice. For the advice part it was… little bit weird, he told her that it was all up to her if she liked it.

“I give up!” she said after three days of trying to impress on him. But we now knew his name was Kris.

I still went to the shop occasionally, just to look at Kris for the most of occasions and I even talked a little with him at the cash register while I paid.

I walked to the shop on a Sunday afternoon. I was in desperate need of a pair of new jeans as my last ones had split this morning and all I had to wear now was skirts and short. And track pants that I was currently wearing.

I sighed as I ruffled my hair and put it in a bun and walked into the store. I walked over to the jeans selection, not even noticing Kris looking at me with a small smile.

I started digging through the different types of jeans. I found pair of light blue skinny jeans and went to try them on. The first pair were too big and I changed them into a smaller size. I pulled them on and they fit me perfectly.

I then changed back into my track pants and walked out. I took my purse out of my leather bag and walked to the cash register.

Kris was once again there and I felt myself blush a little as I put the jeans on the counter. He took of the alarm and scanned them.

“Could I ask you something?” he suddenly said while I was taking out the money from my purse. I stopped and looked up and nodded. “Would you want to go out for dinner with me?” he asked and I froze completely.

I stared at him as he stared back at me while we stood there. He flashed me a small smile and I nodded. “Sure” I said and the smile on his lips became slightly bigger, showing off his pearl white teeth and a part of his gum.

“Great, I’m getting off in fifteen minutes, why don’t we go and eat?” he asked and my mouth fell agape.

“Fifteen minutes?! I-I can’t go looking like this!” I said, the last part quietly and Kris laughed a little.

“Sure you can, just change into the new jeans and let out your hair then it’ll be perfect” he said and winked at me. He cut of the price tag and beckoned me to go into the changing rooms and change.

I did as told, threw on my new jeans and putting the sweatpants in my leather bag and letting my hair out. I ruffled my long hair a little and then let if fall freely.

I looked inside my bag and applied just a little bit of lip balm on my lips. Then I walked out of the dressing room and out of the store as I didn’t see Kris anywhere.

I waited for him outside the shop and after five minutes he came outside and smiled at me, a bag slung across his shoulder.

“Where should we go?” he asked and looked at me. I shrugged slightly, looking around.

“I don’t know” I said and looked at the different food places in the mall. He then grabbed my hand with his. My hand felt small in his big and warm hand as he steered us through the mall.