Chapter 6: Eloping to Paris

By eloping the first chance to meet the subjects was something Catherine didn't want to do. But she didn't regret as Casper seems to know what he was doing. He tapped his finger on the bench in front of her and looked at her. She gave a small smile and looked around them. Casper has led them to a small riverside. It had small beach type place and wild trees. When they first ran away last night they both were so tired that they slept near the beach. They woke up this morning and ever since they were just staring at each other to say something.

"I'm bored." Catherine broke the silence and Casper turned to look at her. He was bored too. He wanted to make a good time as they've both away from the palace but he was also worried about The Queen. What if she knew it was Maria, not Catherine? But he didn't. He pushed the worried face down and let a slight smile cover his face.

"I can think of some things. Like making plants." He whispered but Catherine looked tempted to roll her eyes.

"Plants? Why did it sound like making babies?'' As soon as the words came out she looked down. Now she flushed red and Casper laughed out. He knew she was murdering herself in her mind for blurting out without thinking first. Then a perfect idea came to his mind.

"Or I can help you block your mind." He offered and she looked redder than ever.

"You just had to pick my thoughts?'' She scrawled and again he found it funny to see her riled up.

"I can't help it. Your mind is still weak after all. But I'm here to help it block." She stomped to the backside of the river and he followed her. He smiled sideways at her but she was too focused on plotting Casper's death in her head.

"Hmm. You might want to stop walking, Princessa. We can practice in here." He patted her to sit with him and he slid into the ground.

"Now tell me how it is done." She asked once she was seated but he didn't respond. He just lends his hand and linked it with her. Her breath caught but she refused to show. He then got inside of her and startled her.

"I'm in your head. Try to block me." Her eyes were practically stabbing right through him. She didn't know how to block him!

"If I'd known I'd already do it, don't you think yea?" She snapped back. It was still a mystery how she can think back like that.

"Ok. I give up. I've to approach another tactic." He huffed and pointed for her to come closer.

"Close your eyes and think what you have to think. Then make a makeshift wall so no one outsider can learn them." She crossed her arms but did it anyway. To Casper's amusement, she was thinking about Casper dancing in ballerina shoes with a pink dress on.

"I don't think it's working Princessa cause I can see you're visualizing me in a pink dress. But on side note, the shoes were cute." He said amused and her eyes snapped open. Her mouth opened like a fish and closed again.

"Why me? It's definitely not going to work. Think of something else." Catherine grumpily told him and after some time he nodded.

"Alright. Pick a place." He gave her five fingers to choose and she caught his thumb.

"Weird but it's alright. You just got the ticket to Paris." He grinned and she looked at him surprised.

''Paris? But that's on earth. Where the hell are we?'' She asked disappointedly. Casper knew she missed her home. After all, she still thinks she's living in a nightmare. After he picked that thought he meant to lecture on how real this all was but decided to make this all things real on her own. The tattoo can never fail.

"It's our kingdom, Ultra. And by Paris, I meant we can make a portal and take a tour." He replied casually but for Catherine it was a big deal. After her mother died she lost the inner child in her. She couldn't afford to take a vacation and the only vacation she took was running around the whole California with Aria. Even that was when she was in middle school. It would be her first year in college. Only if she didn't get kidnapped...