September the first

James felt a gush of sweet, breezy air flow through his hair. He ruffled up his hair so it became even more untidy than before. Mrs Potter slammed her car door shut as James opened a door and got in then closed the door carefully behind him. James' parents were busily chatting away in the front whilst James sat there quietly. He was bored and had nothing to do except watch the earth pass by. He thinks of the boys... of Sirius, Remus and Peter. And he thinks of Lily, all though he doesn't want to think about her, he can't help it. Anybody could tell James was in deep thought.

'James!' Mrs Potter snapped as soon as they had arrived to their destination. James went out of deep thought then looked at his mother, a little confused. 'We've arrived,' she said, whilst getting out of the car with her husband. James got out excitedly, ready to see his friends again. They had arrived at King's Cross Railway Station in London. As soon as they got to Platform 9 and 3/4, James looked around for everyone. Lily was in deep conversation with Severus and when James saw this, he frowned slightly. He then spotted a boy running onto the train for his second year. A boy he recognised to be Sirius Black. James quickly turned to his parents, said goodbye, grabbed his trolley then dragged both himself and his luggage onto the Hogwarts Express.

James caught sight of Sirius going into a certain compartment after searching everywhere. James trailed behind and then stepped foot in the compartment to find Sirius, Remus and Peter all sat down talking. Sirius jumped up from his seat as James dropped his bags. Sirius ran up to James and hugged him. 'It's been forever, mate!' Sirius smiled. James smiled back silently then put his bags away and sat next to Sirius. The four were talking the whole way to Hogwarts but a particularly interesting conversation occurred within the long journey. 'So....' Remus started, 'there's something I need to tell you lot. I'd rather do it face-to-face than in a letter.' 'If it's about that werewolf thing then we already know because Lily figured it out and told us,' James commented, 'SHE WHAT?!' Remus shouted, jumping up from his seat then shooting out of the door. 'Merlin's beard...' Peter replied, finally. 'Oh my gosh,' Sirius began, 'James, look, it's finally happening. Peter had actually talked to us! It's so rare. I'm honoured.' 'They grow up so fast,' James said whilst wiping a fake tear, 'I'm so proud.' Peter stayed uncomfortably silent.