CHAPTER SIX

╔═══════════════╗
Ephemeral
Chapter Six
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

Her blood ran cold.

Her feet left the ground, and a screech ripped through her throat. As she whipped her body around to look at the intruder, her right fist made contact with his cheek. Tyler's cheek, her hellish cousin. "Jesus Christ!" he exclaimed, holding his cheek. Carter gasped in shock, her knuckles throbbing as she covered her mouth with her hands. "What the hell? Are you Jackie Chan?" His words were laced with anger and sarcasm. "I prefer Bruce Lee," she spat back, watching him lean against the car door. She rolled her eyes at his grimace, crossing her arms over her chest. "What do you want Tyler?" she finally asked, clearly annoyed. He smirked, despite the pain radiating in his left cheek. "I see you've
met Matt." Her cheeks involuntarily blushed as she glared at him.

"I have. What's it to ya?" she retorted, raising a single brow. He chuckled, unsure of how to answer. Why did he care, anyway? He didn't really know why. Maybe it was the fact he was protective over his friends. Maybe it was the fact he hated change. He eyed her up once again before stumbling over his next question, "What are you doing at the Grill, anyway?" he scoffed, avoiding her question. "I was hungry. Do you have a problem with that?" This time she let her attitude flow through her words. He looked taken aback, but shook it off. "This place is for adults."

"You're not an adult, and neither is Matt."

"How do you know?"

"We did talk, Tyler."

He groaned, glaring at the strawberry blonde in front of him. "Why does it matter anyway?" she asked him, letting her arms fall from her chest. "I need friends, you know." He looked down to his shoes, sighing. He didn't know how to answer her. He didn't really want to answer her, so he pushed off her car with a huff.  "Just watch it, kid," he told her before striding away. She felt as if she had won World War III with no casualties. With a triumphant smile, she finally got the key and the door and slid into her car, and drove away. The air coming through the vents sent chill bumps down her arms and almost made her fall asleep. The digesting process was exhausting and taking a lot out of her.