Epilogue

Exactly five years later, Mikayla and Taylor stand, staring into each others eyes, like they had done so many times before, but this time, Mikayla is decked in a floor length white gown and Taylor, in Mikayla's navy blue skater dress: the only dress she has ever agreed to wear. Taylor had thought the irony of having such an occasion on the anniversary of Derek's death seemed only fair; after all, he was the one that had brought the two together (although he had probably never, in a million years, expected this to happen).

Sunlight falls onto them in sparkles, bathing the entire courtyard in a pale yellow hue. The priest asks for the vows that they had insisted on writing themselves, and Taylor speaks first with a smile so bright the sun would be jealous. Her voice rings clearly throughout the garden, perhaps the simplest, yet to them, the truest, declaration, "Until death do we part."

Mikayla beams broadly with adoration, her cheeks shyly rosy without any makeup, and repeats with exciting confidence, "Until death do we part."

~~~

Aww, how cute! I can't believe the story's over already! What did you think about the ending? 

Again, thank you soo much for reading! 

<3 It would mean so much if you commented! :D