12.

Priscilla a.k.a Cece

I have been in the house for a while week doing nothing. I just sit in here, and watch my mother sleep and it drives me crazy.

My brother wasn't playing when he said I could not leave the house, and the last time I left ma she almost scared me. I just pray nothing like that happens again because I would hate to get that call that the woman who birthed me was dead.

I wouldn't know what to do, or how to react and it hurt just thinking about it.

While she was sleep on the couch while baby boy was on the TV I was  on the my laptop looking for a job. I can admit I did want a job just to make some money, ans not sit on my ass all day, or get into fights and the next day not remembering shit because I was so drunk.

I had already applied to a few but the one I wanted the most was an assistant at a hair salon a couple of blocks away.

Hair was my interest, and I needed something to do. I was waiting to fill out some applications because I had a strong feeling I would get the hair salon one once I turned in my application.

"Cece." I heard my mom murmur as she slowly opened her frail eyes.

"What you need ma?"

"Can you hand me the remote?" She asked. I looked at the remote right beside her on the couch which was hand reach, and shook my head.

"It's right next to you."

"I know. Just give me the damn remote."

I instantly got up sighing, and handed her the remote. "Thank you."

"Your Welcome."

"I don't even want to watch TV anymore. I want to go out." She said slowly getting up off the couch, and stretching.

"Where you going?"

"I need to uh...go to the store. We running out of food."

"I can go-----

"No." She said sternly, and I looked down at my purple toes shaking my head.

I already knew the real reason why she wanted to go out...to get some drugs. It all starts with her saying she has to go out, and get some stuff and she comes back high, and crazy. I remember the first time she got high on those drugs a month after my father got locked up.

She told me, and Liam she was going out for groceries, just like she was now. Even though there was already food in the kitchen, just like there is now and she didn't come home that night.

I remember that day like it was yesterday because I was so scared, and Liam had to hold me just for me to go to sleep because I was so scared the police came and got her too. At the time, I didn't know why my dad was arrested, and I was scared when the police came, and picked him up and confused.

When mom left us alone that night...I felt the same way I felt when the police took my dad into their custody.

Alone, Confused scared, hurt, and angry.

The next day in the evening she came back, and her clothes were all dirty and she looked like she was beaten. She was shaking, and I tried to ask her what was wrong, and comfort her but she pushed me away as she started to whine but no tears came out. I was so confused but happy to see my mother.

She was trying to talk but I didn't know what she was saying, and neither did Liam. Liam gave her a water bottle from the kitchen, and she couldn't drink it because she was shaking much that I don't think any of the water made it into her mouth.